Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Little Green Dress

So this past weekend, Pittsburgh celebrated St. Patrick's Day. Did you know that it is ranked as the 2nd largest celebration in the country?! I never turn down a reason to celebrate, so I got together with friends, popped a bottle of bubbly and had some fun! But, when I went to my closet to grab something green to wear, I noticed I had barely anything to choose from.

I love green (in any shade, really) and it has become a really popular hue this year. So, of course, I had to add some green into my wardrobe! Draper James (Reese Witherspoon's lifestyle brand) just launched their new arrivals yesterday and it includes the absolute cutest little green dress ever

The dress arrived just in time for my Bahamas trip (read more about that, here). It proved to be a great dress for traveling because it folds easily and doesn't wrinkle! It has the most beautiful jacquard fabric that makes it look luxe and high quality, not to mention the scalloped hem and grosgrain trim around the waist are both lovely touches. It's the type of dress that I imagine Jackie O would have worn on her trip to the Bahamas! But, if you are not headed anywhere tropical, it would make for the absolute perfect Easter dress. This is what I think I will be wearing on Easter!

As far as sizing goes, it runs slightly big. I am usually either a 2 or 4 in a 'structured/straight' shift style dress, and I am wearing a size 2 in this dress! So, if you are in between sizes, definitely size down! Also, definitely check out the sale section as they have so many great pieces on sale for majorly discounted prices!

I wore this dress to dinner at 77 West at the Cove at the Atlantis. It was perfect for a dressier dinner and paired nicely with my go-to cream cashmere wrap (I seriously do not leave home without it).

As far as my accessories go, I have had this clutch, this gold cuff, and these nude sandals for several seasons and each piece gets so. much. wear. Each piece is neutral and just works with pretty much everything in my spring and summer wardrobe. I wear these pieces from dinner or cocktails to weddings and parties and everything. They instantly glam up any outfit as well as match with absolutely everything!

More Draper James Favorites:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous green dress and you look great in it!! Hope you enjoyed your trip,
Stephanie
http://asparkleinthesuburbs.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

What a sophisticated look! I love it :)

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

Chic in Carolina said...

This dress is so pretty on you, Sydney! It would be so cute for Easter or a springtime wedding!

xoxo,
Katie
chicincarolina.blogspot.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure