Thursday, May 4, 2017

Lately 5/4/2017

Wearing: I've been pretty casual as of late... I think oftentimes, people associate 'casual' with 'sloppy' and it totally doesn't have to be that way. What I'm wearing in the photo above is super casual, but I feel like it still looks nice and put together. One afternoon it was so gorgeous out, that I had to get out and go on a walk. We headed to have drinks/snacks mid-walk, so I was glad I was in something other than athleisure! You originally saw this top, dressed up in this post. But I've been wearing it non-stop with denim and shorts! It's beyond comfortable. A major step up from you basic white tee, that's for sure! 

Eating: I've been seeing the Trader Joe's 'everything but the bagel' seasoning floating around on social media and I was intrigued. So I bought a bottle on my weekly TJ's trip and it is sooooo good. My fave way to eat it is to just slice up an avocado and season! YUM!

Drinking: For all those G and T lovers out there, I have got some news for you! I love a good gin and tonic. It's my cocktail of choice, especially in the summer months. While gin is one of the worst liquors for you (of course), tonic water is pretty darn bad for you, too. It packs in calories and quinine is also not too friendly to our bodies. Enter concentrated tonic... did you know that was a thing?! I didn't! Basically, you put in as much or as little as you want to soda water. It cuts way back on the calories and you can lessen the quinine level if you so choose. A major win in my book! Gin and tonic season, here I come! 
Wanting: Can I just say that H and M is absolutely killing it?! I always forget about the store and then I'm reminded of it in some way or another. In this case, I was talking about sweat shorts to lounge in with one of my guy friends and he had some on that I said I liked and they were from H and M! Then, the next day one my girlfriends and I were texting and she had mentioned how many cute things were at H and M right now. So I browsed and wow. So. Many. Things. The quality is always questionable and the sizing is always weird, but I just placed a big order to check it out! So we shall see! Everything in the widget above is under $50, a lot of it is under 30! And totally ordered a pair of these. At just $6, I'm skeptical, but they look SO comfortable! 

Loving: It's graduation time again. I always get a little nostalgic around this time of year as my time at James Madison University were some of the best years. The other day, Facebook showed me a post from five years ago of my graduation cap. Five. Where does the time go? I feel like I've shared this commencement speech by Sheryl Sandberg before, but it's really worth the watch. Really give your full attention and listen to everything she says. It's wonderful. 
Pittsburgh-ing: Ok several things.... this weekend I went to Pittsburgh Winery with my friend, Aly. It's located in the Strip District and is a really cool winery that makes their own wine right on site! I ended up coming home with a 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon and a Malbec. Everything we tasted was excellent, though. Then, we meandered down a few doors to Klavons, which is the cutest soda shop that might as well be straight out of the 1950's! 

Pittsburgh-ing II: I have a love-hate relationship with Whole Foods. It's freaking amazing, but there is a reason it is nicknamed 'Whole Paycheck'. I try to do most of my shopping at Trader Joe's and then get all of my meat/fish/etc. from either Fresh Market or Whole Foods. I try my hardest not to browse becuase then my cart fills up quickly. Well, this past time, I browsed. Whoops. But found this AMAZING hummus. You guys. It's incredible. I had no idea it was made locally, either. It's called Peppi's Gourmet Greek hummus. It might be the best hummus I've ever had (although it's a toss-up with Aladdin's!). If you are in a local Pittsburgh Whole Foods, buy yourself a tub. You will not regret it, I promise! 

Reading: This article about breast cancer detection. It's a picture of a dozen lemons in an egg carton and shows what breast cancer can look/feel like. I think this is super helpful and worth all the shares it can get. It could help save a life so continue to share! 
Shop the photo:
Snapchatting: If you don't follow me on Snapchat, I definitely think you should :) I share behind the scenes content as often as possible! Everything from what I am making for dinner, what I love from Trader Joe's, try-ons of my favorite new things, products I get in the mail, and more! This past weekend, I shared a bit about my all-time favorite lip colors right now. If you missed the snapchat info, they are actually a lip balm. The color is universal and reacts with your lips' own chemistry to create the perfect, subtle color while nourishing your lips. It is seriously fool-proof. It gives you just the perfect flush of everyday color but also feels so good on your lips. I'm addicted. While I was on Snapchat talking about the lip color, I was wearing the striped top you see pictured above! It is a men's shirt- but as soon as I saw it, I knew I needed it. It's on major sale (under $30!) and I could not recommend it more. Perfect for lounging or throwing over a swimsuit! 

Listening: May's playlist is in full swing and it is SO good. It's a mix of really fun upbeat songs and a few really good indie songs, too! 

Watching: It's Stanley Cup Playoff season for the NHL. I'm not a huge hockey fan, but it's kind of hard to ignore while living in Pittsburgh considering how good our Penguins are! Not to mention how cute Sidney Crosby is... But I digress. A playoff game in Edmonton had mic issues so the entire arena started singing the Star Spangled Banner. Very cool. 

Watching II: The videos of these adorable little girls are just hilarious and so sweet! 

Quoting: Quote via. See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure