Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Washington, D.C. Bachelorette Weekend

Washington, D.C. Bachelorette Weekend

Washington, D.C. Bachelorette Weekend

Washington, D.C. Bachelorette Weekend
Velvet Tank// Sequined Midi Skirt (silver version that would look great with a navy top)
Metallic pumps// Lip Pencil (pillow talk)// Lip Balm (berry)

Two weekends ago I went to Washington, D.C. for my best friend from high school's bachelorette weekend! Eugenia's wedding is in February (I'm a bridesmaid!) and I'm so excited! You can see photos from our weekend, here.

The bachelorette weekend was so much fun. I'm always a little nervous when it comes to bachelorette parties because I never know every single person. It's also hard to travel with a big group but this group was so wonderful. Everyone got along so well, was so nice, and we all had a blast together. 

D.C. is a special place for Eugenia since she went to George Washington University. It's also special for me since I went to James Madison University. I have been there what feels like a million times and love it so much. I had a lot of fun because a lot of what we did was different than what I typically do while in D.C.! 

Many of you requested that I share our itinerary for the weekend because you are planning a bachelorette there, too! I have to say, though, I did not plan one bit of it. Eugenia's amazing sister-in-law, Christina, planned all of it and she did it flawlessly. I could not recommend our schedule more! 

Where We Stayed
W Hotel. I had been to the W several times because they have a really cool rooftop bar overlooking the white house and monuments. However, I had never stayed there! The rooms were very modern and funky but also spacious. The beds were super comfortable and we easily fit 3 girls to a room! The location is perfect. Walking distance to most of the monuments, great restaurants, coffee, etc. A quick uber to Georgetown! 
Friday
8pm DINNER: Lupo Verde. Fantastic Italian food with fun cocktails. 

Post Dinner - DRINKS at several bars on 14th Street, there are lots of fun bars throughout this neighborhood. It's actually one I haven't explored before so it was fun to check out several bars! 

Saturday
9:30am SOULCYCLE Mount Vernon Soul Survivor Class with Jared was SO Fun. This was my first class ever and I had a blast. Jared was an amazing instructor. 

*Shower/change at hotel/taxi to Georgetown*

12:30PM – BRUNCH Fishers Farmers Bakers. I had always wanted to eat here but it books up quickly so make a reservation way in advance. It's a buffet-style brunch and it was so delicious. The cinnamon rolls were the best I have ever tasted. 

2:00PM – DRYBAR Georgetown. This was was my first Drybar experience. I have had many a blowout but not at the actual Drybar brand! I loved the way my hair turned out!

*Walk around Georgetown, then change at hotel*

5:00PM – CHAMPAGNE & PICTURES ON THE MALL. We had a champagne toast in the bride's room and then we walked to the Mall to snap some group photos! 

7:30PM – DINNER The Smith. Loved everything about The Smith- the atmosphere was classic with a touch of old school and the food was phenomenal. Upscale American fare with fun twists. They made a great martini, too, and handled our big group well. 

9:30PM – NIGHT OUT POV at the W. We are a pretty tame crew so this was our 'wild' night. Which really wasn't wild at all but we had a table at POV, which is the rooftop bar at the W and danced all night. It was so much fun!
Sunday
11:00AM – BRUNCH Woodward Table. This was another I hadn't had the chance to check out before and it was so delicious. Brunch was just steps away from the W and a nice little send-off brunch before everyone took off! We got the Parker House Rolls and they were one of the best things ever. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also
am a blogger, and I was wanting to know your situation; we have developed some nice methods and we are looking to swap solutions with others, why not shoot me an e-mail if interested.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure