Friday, May 24, 2019

Lately





Happy weekend, everyone! I hope you all have had a great week! Is anyone else so thrilled for a 3-day weekend? I certainly am! This is the last weekend of calmness before I start to get busy with travel again so I am looking forward to spending time by the pool now that the club officially opens, eating good food, sleeping in, and hanging out with friends and family! 

We finally had landscapers come to plant grass/make it look pretty in our very small outdoor area so I am excited to finally be able to enjoy our outdoor furniture, sip some coffee out there and just enjoy! It's looking like the weather might actually cooperate, which is so rare here in Pittsburgh! Looks like it will be hot and sunny- such a win! I'm going to have to be very vigilant about sunscreen!!! 

Right now, there are some darn good sales going on... almost Black Friday level sales, so I highly recommend checking out my post rounding up everything I love that is on sale. I'll be sure to update it throughout the weekend!

Wearing: I love this seersucker dress that just happens to be Nantucket red! It's the perfect casual summer dress that is really easy to wear and style!

Eating: Oh my goodness, I scored some real gems at Trader Joe's that are new-to-me! If you are on instagram, I save everything Trader Joe's-related to a highlight. This week I found an Avocado Tzaziki dip that is incredible and so fresh tasting and teriyaki turkey jerky that is so delicious. I'm a huge beef jerky person and the turkey is just as good as any other beef jerky I have had! 

Reading: I just finished Once We Were Brothers for the second time and it is so good. It's an easy read so it's great for the pool/beach. Check out the comments on my instagram post to see what everyone else is reading this summer! 

Sale-ing: I have a huge, comprehensive post about the Memorial Day sales, here. I thought last year's sales were really good, but this years are even better! 

Watching:
Did you catch last Friday's post about the TV I am watching, am looking forward to watching, and want to watch?

Listening: Still obsessed with my May playlist- so many good songs and I am continuously updating it! 



Loving: This past weekend, my parents, Henry, my grammie, aunt and uncle and I went to visit my sister in Charlotte, NC! We had such a fun time. I love Charlotte- it's such a pretty city and there is always so much to do... plus delicious food! We went to dinner at Haberdish on Saturday night and it was SO incredible. We had the best friend chicken I have ever had in my entire life. I would highly recommend it! 

Wanting: I have been in a bit of a shopping mood lately and I need to stop, ha!! I just ordered this sweatshirt and these shorts for a cute little lounge set. 

Smelling: I was just recently gifted this Chanel Chance Eau Tendre perfume from the Macy's Team at South Hills Village (in Pittsburgh). It smells incredible! If you will be in Pittsburgh on either June 28th or August 3rd, the Chanel Counter at South Hills Village mall with have their National makeup artists in town and you can schedule an appointment with them! It sounds like so much fun and a chance to try out some new Chanel products! 

Traveling: Next weekend, I head to Annapolis and then DC for a shower and a birthday party! These are all for college friends/sorority sisters so I am excited to see them! Then, the following week, we are headed to Nantucket to celebrate my fiancĂ©'s 30th birthday! Very excited for these fun times ahead!

Quoting: 'She silently stepped out of the race that she never wanted to be in, and found her own lane and proceeded to win.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure