Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Wallpapers for Powder Room

Wallpapers for Powder Room

I mentioned in this post that I am planning to wallpaper our powder bath. It's a blank slate right now and I am SO torn on what wallpaper I should choose. It's kind of crazy how that choice sets the tone for the entire bathroom so I want to make sure I make a great choice. I'm usually pretty decisive but this has really thrown me for a loop. 

This was the inspiration collage I created. Part of me wants a wallpaper that keeps things light and bright because it really does get such beautiful natural light. Then another part of me wants to create something cozy and handsome and darker. 

I'm trying to reign things in and keep it within a reasonable price range, but it is SO hard to resist things like this Lee Jofa wallpaper. So stunning. 

I also wish my favorite artist, Donald Roberston, would create wallpaper. I am envisioning a repeat pattern of his iconic lips/mouth or 'models'. His art/style does not really go with my decor/taste and yet I love his work SO much.  I have one of his pieces in my office but it would be such a dream to have my tiny powder room decked out in his work! One can dream!

You can see most of the things I'm leaning towards are blue-based or blue and white. It's really more of the question of whether to go with a clean, strong, stripe or more of a traditional floral chintz. I'm also leaning towards doing something handsome and cozy like this tartan wallpaper. I love these sconces that are pricey but something that would really finish the look. 

I just can't decide! What do you all think? If you have wallpaper in your home, is there a particular print you love and works well in a small room? 

I mentioned this before, but this is my one 'go crazy' room in the house since this is not our forever home and we will likely use this as an investment property down the road when we do move into our forever home!

7 comments:

Laura said...

Check it Holy City Chic blog. She recently did a post regarding wallpaper in her home.

Kristen said...

These are gorgeous options! I particularly loooove the Milcote Blue.

If I were doing a powder room right now, on the wallpaper front, I would probably use either Brunschwig & Fils' Les Touches or Sister Parish's Serendipity. Or perhaps Peter Fasano's Spatter Dash. So hard to choose!

I went with these sconces in my own powder room (they are beautiful AND made in the USA!): https://www.highstreetmarket.com/products/adams-wall-sconce-with-linen-shade-antique-brass

Daveda said...

We were in a similar place last Summer. We had just purchased our new home and were renovating only one of our bathrooms - a powder room on the main floor. I found a website called Graham & Brown. They have an amazing selection of wallpaper. They will send you samples, offer promotion discounts and often have sales. We selected Betula Sea Breeze wallpaper and were thrilled with the quality, price and end result. Best of luck!

https://www.grahambrown.com/us/search/?q=betula&lang=en_US

Anonymous said...

What fun! My preference would be to do something with not just blue and white. Here is a chance to punch it up! What are Andrew's thoughts? You already have the red tones in your area rugs, so the papers with a touch of that would be wonderful! You have great taste.

Casey said...

I'm not much of a wallpaper person, but I do believe the powder room should be a 'go crazy' kind of room. Personally I'd go with either a dark paint color (so I'm leaning towards the navy blue with white ships), or the iconic banana leaf wallpaper design (not sure which of your choices comes closest to that).

Laura Baker Busic said...

You've gotta do toile of some sort, I just love that!

Maureen Tierney said...

All of your potential choices are beautiful. I’m partial to the Pyne choice. Rifle paper company has a great blue and white pineapple wallpaper too that looks like you. Lastly, Kate Spade has bow sconces similar to the mirror you posted that you might like. Happy choosing! ��

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure