Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Pickle Martini Recipe

Back in April, I shared my dirty gin martini recipe. It's very simple and a go-to cocktail for me. In the past 2 or 3 months, though, I have been preferring pickle martinis to olive martinis. I first discovered a pickle martini many years ago at Soba (a restaurant in Pittsburgh). They used to make their own in-house pickles and the pickle martinis were fabulous. They have since done away with them (unfortunately) so ever since I've made my own at home. You can sometimes find bars and restaurants that will make you a pickle martini. If I am in the mood for one, I will often ask. 

Anyway, I shared the recipe in a quick video on Instagram stories this past weekend and so many of you were into it! I thought I'd create a page that you can refer back to should you ever want to make one. 

Here's What You'll Need:
- Gin (I use Hendrick's)
- Pickles and juice (I use Grillo's pickles/juice- SO good and fresh)
- Vermouth (I use Martini and Rossi)

1. Fill shaker with ice. Add in 3oz Hendrick's Gin, 1 oz. pickle juice, and the tiniest bit of vermouth. I eyeball the vermouth but it's probably around a teaspoon. 

2. Shake vigorously. I know I'm done shaking when my hand is too cold to keep going, ha!! Then you pour it into your martini glass. If you shake hard enough, you'll get ice crystals which is the goal!  

3. Garnish with pickles. 

I find a martini is all about preference. You kind of have to play with the measurements until you get it how you personally like it.  A note about Grillo's brand pickles: they have a very fresh dill flavor to them. I think it makes the martini taste out-of-this-world delicious but it's not for everyone. You can also just replace gin with vodka if you prefer that- it works interchangeably. 
Pickle Martini Recipe
Top: Greenbrier (WV), Merchant and Trade (NC), William Penn
Bottom: Polo Bar (NYC), Le Mont 

One of the frivolous things I have missed SO much since last March is sitting at a swanky bar that has a jazz trio and sipping a martini. We loved going to Eddie V's bar with their live jazz and it was always so much fun to get all dressed up for a night out! 

Martini Accessories:

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure