Monday, October 30, 2023

Traditional and Easy Christmas Decor

Traditional and Easy Christmas Decor





Artificial Christmas Tree ( on SALE + ships for free)// Tree Skirt

Today, we are talking about Christmas decor. This week feels like it has been Santa's workshop over here with all of the holiday content I have been working on! Tomorrow is Halloween and then I'm ready to fully embrace the holidays after that. When it comes to holiday decor, I like to plan ahead, so I'm getting my annual decor post out early so you can do the same! 

I have an Amazon page where I save all of my holiday decor finds and also a page where you can find more decor finds and some beautiful ornaments

I wanted to discuss some of the holiday decor I put up in our home. I really don't do a lot- just enough to be festive and add warmth and nostalgia. I don't like that overly cluttered feel that can happen with Christmas decor, so I try to reel myself in even when I see cute things. I also don't like to spend a fortune on this kind of thing and keep it to a minimum because storing all of it is a real pain!

There is really not much I will need to purchase this year regarding decor. I think I am going to get a nativity this year. It is one Christmas item that we do not have, and I would love to have one. I love this blue and white one, but I feel like this one looks much more like the one my parents have and what we grew up with. My mom actually made her nativity in her 20s in a ceramic class! 

Artificial Christmas Tree + Tree Skirt + Angel Tree Topper (pictured at the top of this post)
This will be our fifth Christmas with this tree, and I love it. Full tree review, here, so I won't go into too much detail, but it's truly a beautiful tree for being fake. I really like red and green and tartan and very traditional Christmas vibes. We don't do theme trees or anything like that. I like to get ornaments as I travel over the years so there is meaning and memory attached to them! We always grew up with an angel on top of our tree, so I tried to find a pretty one for ours!

So, this is meant to be a bow for a newborn, but as soon as I saw it, it was exactly what I was looking for. This is more substantial and higher quality for our front door wreath than using just ribbon. It's not really meant for the outdoors as it is just fabric, so you have to have a covered front door. We have a roof over our front door, so it's pretty protected from the elements, which is nice and it has held up well over the years. 

There are several plaids/colors to choose from, and I got the taffeta plaid. We have a black door, so I thought the red would pop nicely, and it has a bit of black running through it. You can pick different monogram styles and thread colors. I did font 20, and the thread is cream! 

I really feel like there is a lot you could do with sashes like this. Tie them on chairs, planters, top of a tree, etc. 

Spode Christmas is one of my favorite things. It totally signifies the holiday season for me, and I have loved collecting the pieces over the years. I think if you are starting off, go for some mugs, some dinner plates, and the champagne flutes! 

There are many variations of Spode mugs, but I personally love this one the best because of its larger size!


This smells like a fresh, real Christmas tree, and the bottle is adorable! I think it makes an adorable host/hostess gift, too!


I just love Nest candles. Year round, I always find myself gravitation toward Nest scents. They smell lovely and never have an artificial smell. The vessels are also beautiful. I love Birchwood pine, hearth, and holiday during the holiday season! 



This book is so special. In a world that is primarily digital, I love this tangible memory book. I give this as a housewarming and wedding gift. It's like a scrapbook with a set of pages per holiday season. You can fill up to 25 yeras in this one book. I love filling ours in each year. 


Such fun cocktail napkins. The theme is 'party animals'! It is clever and makes for a great gift, too! 



This was SO easy and inexpensive to do. I really feel like it's simple and elegant without doing anything over the top or 'too much.' We have a black door, so I always have to work with that. The wreaths are so great, especially if you need a bunch for windows because they are inexpensive and hold up well.




This is one of my favorites for the holidays. SO easy and so cute. The glow from the lights in the evening is truly the coziest. I also love these little ornaments that have a vintage vibe, and I feel like the non-traditional Christmas colors blend in better with my decor on this wall! 

This is a beautiful strand of preserved boxwood. It's not super bushy, but it's really lovely. I've used it many different ways in our house, but I like it best here! If you want a fuller look, you could double up the strands. 


Ginger Jar Ornaments (this set also looks nice)

These sell out from time to time; they are always so popular! I snagged a set a few years ago, and they are SO cute. It is fun to tie on a gift, too, for the fellow blue and white lover! I replaced the ribbon for some pretty pink velvet to make them look a little nicer!

Nest's birchwood pine and the hearth candle are two of my most favorite holiday candle scents. I also think they make great gifts because they are in the prettiest jars! 

I love the 1950s and '60s and this silver tree is such a small, inexpensive touch but gives me that vintage dose I was looking for! I usually keep it in our front entryway window! Also, the plaid wrapping paper comes in a set with a few different plaids, and it's inexpensive! I love it; it is so traditional and classic!  

I couldn't find a photo of mine, but I have this advent calendar from the 90's! My mom kept it, and now I have put it out purely for nostalgia. I can't believe they still make it! I put it on the back of the powder room door, so it's not really seen for the most part, but I just couldn't resist- I love tradition when it comes to holidays! My sister had this one! I think this would be a cute gift if you have children! 

More holiday decor content:

3 comments:

Sarah | Fewer & Better said...

Oh my goodness!! We had this advent calendar when we were small, too! I need to order one for my son for this year--he's 3 1/2 so I think he'll really enjoy it this year!

Jules Buono said...

Loving ALL of this. You have me thinking about doing plaid outdoors at my new home!

Hillary said...

We got a really great nativity set from Etsy last Christmas! There are so many beautiful handmade options; highly suggest looking there!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure