Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Christmas Decor




I shared this photo with you all back in October as some eye candy and inspiration for decorating for the holidays. I LOVE the look of a tree in a blue and white planter so much but figured I'd never be able to pull something like that off. 

I kept thinking about that photo and how it brought me so much joy and was just so simple but different. Our living room tree was already up so I wrote it off and thought it was a lost cause. However, I saw this little faux tree and thought I could try to recreate the look on a smaller scale. I never really feel 'confident' when I decorate, but I do like to give things a try! 

I first thought about doing it in my office but then realized it could look great on our covered front door area as I don't really do too much out there. Our door is off to the side, but if you have a centered front door with space on each side, two flanking the front door would look even better. 

Our front door is black so I found this cute little entryway mat that felt more festive than the pineapple one that we usually have and paired well with the black door. And then I also added a wreath with lights and just a classic plaid bow. I was able to get all of this via Walmart delivered right to my door- so convenient!

I think it turned out well, which gives me a little boost of confidence to possibly try something new again next year! All of these items were inexpensive and they're not huge so they're easy to store away for the rest of the year! Thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this post, all opinions are my own. 

More Holiday Things I Love:

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure