Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Gift Guide 2022: For the Pups

*Leash// Dog Bed (on sale)
* denotes that they are a brand that gives back to animals

December always marks another year that I have had Henry! I rescued him back in 2017 and I cannot believe we are approaching 5 years. Meaning he will be about 7 years old. It's just an estimate as it was estimated he was around 2 when I rescued him. What I would give to know his actual birthday and to see what he looked like when he was a puppy!!!

Henry brings me the most joy in the world. He is truly my best friend and I could not be more grateful to have him in my life. As I type this, he is sitting on my desk chair with me. 

I LOVE shopping for Henry. I cannot resist buying him new toys and treats and all sorts of things. We just went to Savannah and they had a few cute dog boutiques and bakeries so I had to get him a new toy and some treats. I think shopping for him brings me more joy than it might for Henry to receive these things (and that is saying something because he really loves treats, ha!!) He also loves toys but always destroys them to shreds. I never want to know how much I have spent collectively on stuffed toys!!

My parents also have a dog, Buddy, and my sister and brother-in-law have a dog, Bean. So there is plenty of pet shopping going on in my day-to-day life.
custom dog cufflinks
I think it's so fun to give family pets gifts for the holidays but I also think it is so fun to give a pet owner something that represents their pets. My husband lives for gifts like this. I have gotten him a Henry mug, rocks glass, etc. This year, I am giving him custom Henry cufflinks which are incredible. I'm really patting myself on the back with this one, ha!! You can see them in the photo above. They turned out so well! He treats his Henry gifts as prized possessions and I know if I can't think of something to get him, anything Henry-related will always be a hit.

This might be one of the uglier collages/gift guides I have ever made, hahah! But it is chock full of many things that we have and that Henry loves. 

As a side note, I also feel strongly about giving to animal charities and/or buying from brands that support animal welfare. There are sadly so many mistreated animals in this world, it breaks me to even think of it. I also feel passionate about pet adoption and supporting the shelters that care for pets. On Henry's Gotcha Day anniversary that is coming up, I'll be sharing a post all about how and where you can donate to help animals if you feel so inclined. I would cry if someone made a donation to a local pet shelter as a gift.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure