Monday, April 3, 2017

Wear to Work: Casual Friday Outfit Idea

Today's post is all about how to style jeans appropriately for the workplace. Nowadays, a lot of companies/offices have a pretty relaxed dress code... and even if your office doesn't, you're bound to have a casual Friday here and there. I think there is a fine line between casual and too casual, so you really have to be careful, especially if you work in a more conservative office.

I think when it comes to choosing which jeans you should wear, you should always opt for something with minimal to no destress-ing. No rips, fraying, etc. because it looks cleaner and more professional when your denim is all in one piece. These jeans are my personal favorite. I have written about them time and time again here on Summer Wind. They have the perfect amount of stretch, hit right at the ankle, and season after season, they are always available in a great dark wash. They run true to size.

Moving on from the jeans, what to pair with them? I'm a big fan of heels, but I think it's totally fine to wear flats. The only thing I would stay away from is sneakers because that comes off as too casual- but follow along with your office/company culture!

And on top, I always opt for something structured like a blazer, a more fitted sweater, or button down. But blazers don't have to be basic or boring! How fun is this cute little white blazer I am wearing? The sleeves are flared as is the waist. The peplum style waist is my favorite part because it gives some shape to the jacket! I also love this jacket because it can be worn for a multitude of occasions. Since it's slightly cropped, it looks really great with dresses! I also love that it is collarless so you could definitely throw on some statement earrings or a fun necklace and there is no collar to get in the way.

3 comments:

Mariah Rickard said...

I love this little jacket! It totally adds more flair than a typical blazer.

http://moosmusing.com

Unknown said...

I absolutely love that jacket! It's the perfect touch!

www.thedizzygirls.wordpress.com

Huzaifa said...



Great Post, Really Great. I was simply amazed with the quality you have. Thanks for the sharing

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure