Saturday, July 1, 2017

Lately 7/1/2017

Happy July, everyone! Today's Lately post is coming to you a little late due to some content shifting I had to do! Next week, it will resume on the usual Thursday slot! But it was kind of nice having a little extra time to gather up some content for today's Lately!

Is anyone else taking off Monday for an extra long holiday weekend and extra short week next week?! I have nothing set in stone and no traveling, so it will be fun to hang out with family and friends and see fireworks!

This past week was a lot of fun, I got to catch up with some of my good friends over happy hour, shot some new outfit content, and got a lot of work done. Last night, we headed to a hibachi dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday.

The not so pretty of this week: My e-mail stopped working. I didn't even realize it. I figured it was a lighter e-mail week with the impending holiday weekend, so I relished in the lack of e-mails and got a lot of other things done. Well, well, well, to my surprise, it was too good to be true! I

Wearing: Ready for the weekend with allllll the red, white, and blue! I am OBSESSED with this striped pullover I just got... It is so insanely soft and the nicest, thick cotton. I can't get enough.

Drinking: I just bought a blender. I know, groundbreaking news, here. I've never been a smoothie person, but I am trying to get on a health kick and I am hoping incorporating healthy smoothies (with collagen peptide powder... I am determined to use this powder!!!) will be a good start! If you have any good recipes, send them my way! 

Reading: The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is coming up soon, and the catalog is officially out! I previewed it the other day and there are some REALLY good buys. I'm so excited. You can read my post all about it, here. 
Sale-ing: All. The. Sales. They're especially good because of the holiday weekend, so I'll do a full round up in another post (as well as an instagram roundup for those of you who aren't LikeToKnowIt fans) if you are interested, if not you can just skip over! In the meantime, this striped, lightweight cashmere sweater has been one of my latest and greatest sale finds. Super soft but night and light for the spring/summer/fall. 

Watching:
 Guys, I am ADDICTED to How to Get Away With Murder. It is on Netflix and there are three season so start binging now! I actually tried to watch it last year when my two girlfriends recommended it. I watched the first two episodes and wasn't so into it, but definitely give it a chance. It's so worth it and so twisted and crazy! 


Pittsburgh-ing: I got together with the YaJagoff podcast team to record a fun little segment on the Roberto Clemente bridge. It was my first podcast but it was so much fun! We chatted about all things Pittsburgh and Summer Wind! Thanks for having me, John!

Listening: I FINALLY MADE A GOOD PLAYLIST! You guys, I was worried about myself. I was stuck in a major musical rut and I'm very pleased to let you all know that July's playlist is already 35+ songs and it's such a good one! Hope you enjoy as much as I do! 

Loving: My Fab Fit Fun box arrived, this is a really great one. I can't get over how many high end/full-size products are included. Get $10 off your box with code SYDC. 

Quoting: 'Happiness is the new rich. Inner peace is the new success. Health is the new wealth. Kindness is the new cool.'// See more of my favorites, here. 

2 comments:

Kritsida said...

Love the stripes! It's perfect for the summer!
Be sure to check out my latest blog post!
x. kritsida

Unknown said...

I love the updates! Such great picks love!

Briana
http://beyoutifulbrunette.blogspot.com/

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure