Friday, July 12, 2019

Nordstrom Sale: Things I Own and Love Styled




I mentioned in today's earlier post and on instastories that the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale has a bunch of repeat items from years past! A lot of these items I have already bought and get a lot of wear out of year after year. As a disclaimer, items may not be *exactly* the same. For example, the Vince cashmere cardigan that I am obsessed with is slightly different this year, but this will give you an idea of items I love as well as how I have styled them in the past! 

These jeans are seriously one of my favorite things I own! They are very comfortable and well made. They are meant to fit loose, but are cut slim so they are still flattering! As you can see above, they are versatile and can be styled in a multitude of ways! 

This is one of my favorite pieces that I pull out each fall. The brown color is rich and beautiful and the suede is really nice. It's definitely a mini skirt but it's cut in a classic way! 

I wear this classic cashmere tee SO much. It's still a bit pricey, but it's an elevated basic that you can wear for work and play. It runs true to size! 

 This year's black cashmere cardigan is slightly different in style but it has the same vibe. Vince cashmere is always such high quality and I wear this sweater SO much. It's by far one of my most favorite things in my closet!

There are several Barbour jackets in the sale, but two resemble the Beadnell and Beaufort best: the violet and shoreline

 The pieces of jewelry that I own are not from the Nordstrom sale, but they have the same classic fine jewelry pieces on sale. These are pieces that I wear every single day- they are classics and stand the test of time.

 Can I just tell you how many times I have worn my rain boots? I have had them for several years now and they have held up incredibly. They’re such a classic and functional, too! I personally prefer the TOUR style boots because they are designed to be rolled up and packed! They’re also lighter weight so they don’t make your luggage super heavy! Both the Tour style and some other styles are included in this year’s sale. Snag a pair if you don’t already have them- this is one of those items that rarely go on sale!
The Patagonia pieces are another good buy because the brand as a whole rarely goes on sale. The brand is known for its high quality, functionality, and sustainability. I have pieces that are 10 years old that have gotten a ton of wear and they don't show it! This Patagonia better sweater is one of my favorites. The exterior of the half zip looks like a sweater but the interior is a soft fleece. I wear this a lot in the winter with leggings but also love it for layering when skiing! I find Patagonia to run mostly true to size across the board. I wear smalls in everything- it's roomy enough for layering but still fitted. These Zella leggings are a great basic black legging and comparable to leggings you would find at Lululemon! 

This is one I have had for years. I actually mostly wear it over pajamas in the winter like a robe! I love it because it's so stretchy but holds its shape! It's a good price for the quality!

Tory Burch riding boots are beautifully made and cut in a great silhouette. I have a pair that are years old and barely show signs of wear. I just don't love the big logo on the side of the boot, but if that doesn't bother you, I say go for it, because they are nice boots! 
I am going to be doing giveaways throughout the sale, so I thought I would start out with something that would benefit more than just one person! I did this in the past on instastories and all you have to do is go to your local Starbucks, order your drink and when you go to pay, scan the barcode above. I am hoping everyone is honest and only uses this to buy their own drink so several people can benefit! There is $100 loaded so it is first come first serve! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Simply Styling said...

You are the sweetest ever ! Love your style and your blog !

Kristen said...

Love this post - especially that bracelet! I just came from the dentist after having an intense feeling. I was on my way to Starbucks to treat myself after that ordeal. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing little treat! You are just the sweetest!

Katherine McEwen said...

You’re super kind! Enjoy following! Though I’m not a Starbucks gal, you’re giveaway is incredibly generous!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure