Monday, August 19, 2019

Jackie O Inspired Outfits





I came across this top randomly one day and as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it! Sometimes I believe I was born in the wrong era... the style of the late '50s and '60s is something I am utterly obsessed with. I love mini shift dresses, portrait collar tops, tweed dresses with matching coats, monochromatic outfits, a full-skirted cocktail dress, and so much more that were very prominent around 1958-1965ish. Bewitched, the hit sitcom in the 1960's is one of my favorite shows and what gives me so much inspiration. And to top it off, Jackie O was a style icon in the 1960's and she's one of my own icons that I look to for inspiration to this very day. 

Unfortunately, pieces that have a '60s vibe are rather hard to find in 2019! Which is surprising, because a lot of those styles are so classic. So, when I saw this top, I just had to order it immediately! 

Sure enough, it was everything I hoped it would be. Well-made, classic, and stylish. It's made of a crepe-like material so it's dressier than your average top but I paired it with White Jeans which easily dressed it down for a more day-to-day look. Besides jeans, you could pair it with navy slim dress pants for a monochromatic look that would be appropriate for an office setting!




I saw the Dress, too, and had to get that as well. It's such a great little dress that hits right above my knees. It's definitely conservative but still very chic and sophisticated. This is a great office dress, cocktail party dress, or shower dress. You could easily wear this with tights as fall and winter approach. 

I haven't carried my Speedy with me in ages, but it feels so appropriate with both the dress and top because the speedy was a popular bag in the 1960s. Actually, the reason I bought the LV Speedy as my first designer handbag is that Audrey Hepburn was photographed carrying the bag so often all of those years ago! It's a bag I love and will never part with. 

1 comment:

Annaliese said...

Such gorgeous looks! The fashions from that time were really so classic.

xoxo A
www.southernbelleintraining.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure