Thursday, August 29, 2019

Lately




This has been such a smooth week! Knock on wood, but things just went so swimmingly and I got so much done. I'm so excited about fall because there is so much going on! This is the last weekend that our country club pool is open, so I know we will be soaking up the weather and last bits of summer!

Not only did I tackle a ton of to-do items, but I also tackled some house things as well as wedding things. It has me feeling so good heading into the weekend. I have been indecisive when it comes to house things and I have finally made a few decisions. I've also been procrastinating some of the menial wedding tasks and finally decided to tackle them.

This week I also received so many amazing fall pieces and this cool weather we have been having (which is amazing!) allowed me to wear some of them! I'll definitely be sharing them with you in the weeks to come!

Wearing: The outfit you see above is such a simple look and easy for early fall when it is still really warm out! The white peplum top is lightweight cotton so it is basically a 'fancier' version of a long sleeve tee!

Eating: I just got a wedge of Port Salut cheese for the first time and you guys...this might be my most favorite cheese ever! It's super creamy like a really good brie, but the flavor is much milder. It's just really easy to eat and spread and it pairs so well with anything on a charcuterie board! I think it would be fabulous with an olive tapenade, or prosciutto and melon or peach, and it's so great paired with the Trader Joe's fig and olive crisps and bubbly. If you can find a wedge of this, snag it because it is my newest favorite. 

Drinking: Love this article from Town and Country where they share tasty apple cider cocktail recipes. Count me in!!

Reading: I have a question for all of you! Do you have any book recommendations that are similar to The Nightingale?  I loved it SO much and would love to read more similar books! I have already read All The Light We Cannot See and Once We Were Brothers- both are similar and I would highly recommend both but if you can think of any others, let me know! 

Sale-ing: There are so many good sales happening since this is a holiday weekend so I am going to create an entire blog post and post it on Saturday so you can see all of the sales, discount codes needed, and my favorite picks from different retailers! 

Watching:
AMAZED at this cute little 4-year-old cheerleader. I was a cheerleader in middle/high school and I'm still into watching cheerleading videos to this day. This little girl is amazing and not only are her moves great but the fact that she nails the choreography is amazing for how young she is! 

Listening: I just started my fall playlist if you want to follow along as I add to it! 

Loving: OMG. This Hudson Bay doggy coat is the CUTEST THING EVER. Henry has a raincoat and a Barbour-style coat, but I might just have to get him this. 

Wanting: This coat
is truly everything. Timeless, preppy, sophisticated, and functional. What more could you ask for in a coat?!

Pittsburgh-ing: I hate to be the bearer of bad news if you haven't heard this already, but the Farmer's Almanac is apparently predicting a 'Polar Coaster' in Pittsburgh. Which sounds awful. Lots of snow and colder than normal temperatures. I am not here for this AT ALL. Hopefully, the prediction is wrong!!

Traveling: Next up, I'm headed to Nashville for one of my sorority sister's weddings! I cannot wait!!! 

Quoting: 'Indecision steals many years from many people who wind up wishing they'd just had the courage to leap.'—Doe Zantamada // See more of my favorites, here. 

10 comments:

Ashton Miller said...

I also loved The Nightingale! I couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks after I finished it. I'm currently reading The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult which is similar, as was Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly!

Ashton Miller said...

I also loved The Nightingale! I couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks after I finished it. I'm currently reading The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult, which is similar, as was Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly!

Hannah said...

If you loved The Nightingale, you might love The Alice Network or The Huntress both by Alice Quinn. I preferred The Alice Network.

Amanda Attempts said...

“Beneath a Scarlet Sky” by Mark Sullivan is great!

Amanda Attempts said...

I loved “Beneath a Scarlet Sky” by Mark Sullivan!

Natalie said...

The Nightingale stayed with me months after I finished it. One of my all time favorites. Try The Alice Network if you’re looking for something similar.

Shannon said...

I agree the Nightengale was amazing. Isn't there supposed to be a movie coming out? Anyhow, I think The Alice Network and The Huntress are similar and good. Agree with Hannah that the Alice Network is better.

Emily said...

Lilac Girls - Book similar to nightingale.

chris said...

Lovely set of stunning photos

Jane Clifford | Typically Jane said...

I LOVE that top! Totally a more elevated version of a long sleeve tee! And OMG that cheese sounds so so good.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure