Thursday, April 23, 2020

Lately



I have tried to keep myself really busy this week but to be honest, I've had a really tough time trying to focus. This would have been our wedding week. It's hard to even type that out right now and I'm just trying my darndest to stay positive. After making the decision to postpone, I have kept busy and am proud of myself for not dwelling too much. But the fact that the weekend is here and it's truly not happening is too much for me to process right now. I wish I had something eloquent to say or some sage wisdom to share, but my words have escaped me.

This week we put the final coat of white paint on in our bathroom. I ordered new mirrors, a towel rack, and a few other little items to refresh our master bathroom. I'm excited to see the finished product. We have been using the guest bathroom because we are waiting for the paint to fully dry for a few days before we hang the mirrors or shower and create humidity. Our master bathroom is very much a builder-grade space. I do not like the floor tile or the shower tile at all but we may never 'renovate' this space as it's not really worth it financially when we go to sell this house or rent it out! So these small changes will make a good impact and make it much more inviting since we basically just ignored it for so long!

I also had quite a bit of work to do this week (which I am incredibly thankful for) with some fun sponsored projects coming up. I hope you all will enjoy them. They have been bringing me joy and taking my mind off of this week, which has been nice.

Wearing: I wore the outfit above this past weekend. We had a Zoom call with 20+ people. I don't know why we hadn't thought to do this before, but we put it up on our TV and it was so fun! I love these Jeans. They seriously feel like you are wearing pajama pants. They are SO soft and not 'stiff' like what you normally think of when you think of jeans. They almost look like a chic, flowy linen pant! 


Eating: I made pomegranate guacamole this weekend. I hadn't made it in a while and forgot how delicious it is. I know it sounds a bit odd, but I promise the mix of tartness from the pomegranates adds such a good flavor and contrast! 

Drinking: This past weekend, to pair with our guacamole, we made margaritas. I have a great 'skinny' recipe on my Instagram highlights that you can find, here

Sale-ing: There are a lot of Staub pieces on sale right now. We got the dutch oven for our shower and LOVE it. We use it so much because it is so versatile. 

Watching:
 I watched the 4-part series on Netflix called Unorthodox. It was really good and so fascinating! I would highly recommend it! 
Loving: I just got this frame in! I love it. I have had this Linda Barnicott print since December and kind of forgot about it until recently. This is a view from where we got engaged and I just love how it looks in the more modern scalloped frame! 

Loving II: These mirrors were super inexpensive (as far as mirrors go) and I love them so much. I ordered two to spruce up our master bathroom and I can't wait until they arrive. They are such a pretty neutral grasscloth! I couldn't believe the price. I snagged both under $300 (and free shipping). Crazy! 


Wanting:
 These joggers are super comfortable and while the quality is not the highest, if you are just looking for something inexpensive and comfy/cozy to lounge around in, these do the trick. I have the tie-dye ones and really love them. 

Smelling: This is one of my favorite scents and I forgot that they make it in hand soap. I just ordered it to 'treat' myself since we are washing our hands so much! 

Quoting: 'What's coming is better than what is gone.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

2 comments:

Laura said...

What is the color of your wall in your picture today as well as the source for your rug? Thanks. So sorry you had to reschedule your wedding and honeymoon.

Unknown said...

We don't need sage wisdom! All 2020 brides are at a loss. Thank you for your honesty and willingness to share. This is awful but you are a beacon of grace. I admire you so much!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure