Wednesday, June 3, 2020

A Note

I wanted to touch base with all of you as this has been a heavy week around the nation. Racism is a clear form of hatred and that is not acceptable here or anywhere. As I have quieted on social media, I have been educating myself and am listening. It's with the full realization that these issues are so much deeper and more complex. I know kindness is not the solution and I don't have the answers. But what I can tell you right now is that kindness, empathy, respect, and compassion are all things you can do right this second to make the world a better place. Summer Wind will continue to be a place where everyone is welcome. I am committed to being the best version of myself which takes reflection, education, hard work, and constant, consistent pro-active fine-tuning. Not just today, not just tomorrow, not just this week. I can only hope to inspire you to continuously work to be the best version of yourself, too. This is a fun, uplifting space where I hope to spread positivity and inspiration...I'm learning along with all of you.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said, thank you, Sydney.

Anonymous said...

"Kindness is not the solution." Thank you, Sydney. I think so many times when there is a tragedy we feel called to comfort people (which is hard for those of us who have never experienced racism) but platitudes will get us nowhere. Meanness is not the problem, systemic racism is.

Andra said...

I like that you say this is not just for today or this week that this is basically a forever change.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure