Thursday, June 4, 2020

Lately

Today is my fiancé's birthday and funny enough, he has the same birthday as my uncle! He is going golfing and then we are going to celebrate with some takeout from one of his favorite spots! This weekend we will be celebrating at a Vineyard (outdoors, socially distanced) and it will be the first real outing we've had in a very long time so I am very excited to celebrate him!

Wearing: I got my fiancĂ© this apron as one of his birthday gifts. He had mentioned wanting an apron a while ago so I always kept that in the back of my mind. He is the BEST cook and I definitely benefit from his skills!
Eating: This tzatziki dip from Aldi is SO GOOD. If you've ever had the Trader Joe's version, this one is similar but a little less chunky! Love it. 
Reading: 13 Can't Kill Flowers for beginners... listen, I'll likely kill any of these if I plant them, but I got one planter and I want to put something in it and see how I do with it this summer. If I do well, I'll get another planter or two next year, ha! We have landscapers that maintain our lawn/mulching and all of that but the floral planting is up to me... we'll see. This is a rhododendron that I snipped from my parent's front yard!  

Watching: Oh my goodness, this Cox advertisement made me cry!!! It's so heartwarming and reminds you to check on those you love. 

Listening: Here is a link to my summer 2020 playlist. It's just getting started but has some really good ones on there. 

Wanting: Love this vase for the price! I would toss the fake flowers (just not into that) and add in some of my own or a pretty dried bouquet. 

Pittsburgh-ing: A list of black-owned Pittsburgh restaurants! It seems like Walter's in Lawrenceville didn't make the list, so I'm sharing that as well because it is SO good and the atmosphere is so much fun. 

Quoting: 'Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.' - Martin Luther King Jr. // See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Andrew! I'm happy to share my birthday with him and have found a few presents for myself on your blog today. Enjoy the day together! - KLV in PHL

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure