Thursday, July 30, 2020

Lately


Sandals (on sale!)
This week has been busy, busy, busy with lots of work to be done! I've just been behind my computer for the most part. It's not necessarily fun but it always feels so good to get so much done and everything organized.

The fall will certainly look different this year, but right around now I start itching for organization and get a good wave of motivation and energy and this year has been no different.

One of the things I have been focusing on in the past few weeks is making sure I have been drinking enough water. I just got a large RTIC tumbler and it has helped SO much in my water intake. I'd say generally, in 2020, I've been really good about drinking plenty of water, but every once in awhile I like to focus on it and make sure I'm still doing well with it! It's something really small but it can make a difference!

I'd also like to report that my two plants are still going strong. I am NOT a gardener nor do I really have much interest in that kind of thing. However, I have a basil plant and a mini limelight hydrangea plant and both are thriving and I feel so proud of myself, hah!! It's the little things, right?

Wearing: I've only been able to muster throwing on lightweight linen dresses because it has been SO hot. Pittsburgh gets hot but it's so rare we get so many 90+++ degree days.

Drinking: I had my first Aperol Spritz of the summer and I forgot how delicious they are. They are so light and refreshing!! 

Reading: This pink rooftop bar looks like what dreams are made of! 

Sale: So I found the super popular Spanx faux leather leggings on sale. They are the same price that they will be in the Nordstrom sale so if you've been wanting them, you can snag them early at the same price. I have these leggings and I know so many people wear them more as 'pants' but I personally find them to be more sporty so I really only wear them as athleisure/super casual. 
Sale II: Tuckernuck is offering an extra 25% off sale with code FLASH25! This blue chintz top is one that I have and love! It comes out to be $58 with the code. 

Watching:
 I just started to rewatch The OC. I watched the series for the first time about 5ish years ago and LOVED it. I'm hooked again. It's such a good show!! 

Listening: How does everyone like Taylor Swift's new album, Folklore? My favorites are The 1, August, and Peace! It's definitely a different album for her but I love it just the same! 
Loving: I caught Henry sleeping like a human again this week and it absolutely cracks me up! He's like me in that he loves allll of the pillows and blankets. 

Wanting: I added a widget to the right sideboard that rounds up some of my favorite items from the Nordstrom Sale. I'll share my feelings about it next week but basically, it is a lot of the same from last year. There are, however, a few new gems, but mostly, we have seen a lot of this stuff before! I am no surprised in the least. I figured it would shake out to be like this just due to the retail chains being disrupted and delayed and just the general state of the world right now.  

Pittsburgh: This Alice in Wonderland cocktail experience sounds SO cool! 

Smelling: I'm starting to put together a post about all of my favorite fall candles. I know it's still a little too soon, but I just can't help it!! 

Quoting: 'The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life' - William Morris // See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Kelly C said...

YES to that quote and YES to fall scented candles. I'm here for it. Its been 90+ degrees for like 70 some days straight and I'm ready for a break in the heat wave. Happy Thursday!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure