Saturday, August 8, 2020

Saturday Shopping: Nordstrom Sale Skincare and Beauty

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Skincare and Beauty

Neulash// I love a lash/brow serum because it truly works. I've used NeuBrow now for several years and Neulash is basically the same thing but for your lashes! For the first two weeks, I apply it at night every night. Then, once I see results, I keep up with it a few times per week. It takes two seconds to apply.

Mario Badescu Trio// I've talked about the drying lotion a ton. As the name suggests, it is actually not a lotion but it's a watery/chalky substance. I dip a q-tip in it and use it as a spot treatment at nighttime to get rid of any zits. It truly works and minimizes the zit, if not completely gets rid of it overnight. It's a product I am never without. The drying lotion alone is usually $17 and for an extra $6 you get the mist (which smells fantastic) and the balm.

Bobbi Brown Balm Duo// This is a tinted lip balm that I have yet to try so I am ordering it. I love tinted lip balms and these seem very similar to others that I have tried. Do I need these? No, but I'm chalking it up to 'research' to find the best ones!

L'Occitane Duo// This is a go-to for me in the shower. It's a little bit of luxury as it's much pricier than your standard shaving cream or body wash. I really only use this when shaving my legs rather than using it as a body wash. It smells wonderful and it lathers so nicely and my legs are always insanely smooth after using it!

Lancome Advanced Genifique Serum// I just ran out of this serum a few weeks ago and was waiting for the sale to purchase more. It's a lightweight serum that you can use morning or night. I use it in the mornings. It's SO hydrating which is one of the reasons I love it so much. It also sinks into the skin pretty quickly so it's nice for that morning 'rush'. It is supposed to improve the texture of skin, elasticity, prevent fine lines and wrinkles, hydrate, and more. I think the hydration aspect of this is incredible. I have used the Skinceuticals HA Intensifier and I would say these serums are somewhat similar in terms of the results they produce.

Bobbi Brown Crushed Lipstick + Gloss// I love the Bobbi Brown Crushed lipsticks. I wear the color babe often. It's somewhat matte but the application is creamy and it never dries like a lot of matte products do. It almost feels like a balm on my lips. It's pretty pigmented so it's a real lipstick, but you can build the color. For daytime, I like to do a light, one coat swipe, and then in the nighttime, I'll add more for a more pigmented look. I have yet to try the gloss so that's why I am particularly interested in this set! You know me, I can't resist lip products!

Anastasia Brow Duo// I've been using Anastasia Brow products for so many years. I started out using the pencil and then switched to the powder. Last spring, a makeup artist suggested I switch back to the pencil as it provides a more natural look and I couldn't agree more. It's pretty foolproof in the application, too. I am definitely interested in trying the brow gel, especially on days where I don't feel like wearing makeup and am just looking for something to hold my brows into place.

Tula Set// This is such a good set because it has a variety of Tula products. It's great for someone who hasn't tried the brand yet. You can read my review on all of the Tula products, here. The kit includes two of my top favorite Tula products, the eye balm, and the tinted primer. If you bought those two products, it would be $64 alone. So for $4 more, you get a cleanser, pouch, and the instant facials. It's a good deal!

Pillow Talk Trio// Pillow Talk has a cult following and for good reason. It's a 'your lips but better' color that just looks very natural. I am wearing it in the photo above (from last February, no filters so you can see the true color- but I think it looks slightly different on everyone). I have been using this color for years. I have a pencil and lipstick but have yet to try the gloss. I don't typically use lip pencils, but this one is so good. I don't line my lips, rather I fill in my entire top and bottom lip with the pencil and the color lasts so long. You can either then top with your favorite balm or gloss or top with the lipstick for more color or staying power.

Hair Dryer// This is the only hair dryer I have used for years. It's amazing and dries my hair so quickly. I mentioned this previously, but you can find t3 products at Costco if you are a member. They sometimes have them available for purchase online as well and usually, the price is better than in the Nordstrom sale.
Chanel Perfume// This is a go-to perfume of mine. I'm so bad at describing scents so here is the description they have for it 'delicate and unexpectedly fruity-floral fragrance for women that creates a soft whirlwind of happiness, fantasy and radiance. A green and fruity grapefruit-quince accord intertwines with the softness of jasmine and smoothness of white musks for an intoxicatingly light, floral trail.'

Dennis Gross Peel Pads// These are pricey so I only purchase when they go on sale. They do go on sale at other times on other retailers' websites, too, so there's not a huge rush to purchase these if you don't need them. However, they are a product that I use leading up to special events. You can 'maintain' by using them once or twice a week but the real crazy noticeable results are when you use them 3-4x per week for about 3-4 weeks. I notice my pores greatly decrease in size, fine lines reduced, the texture improves, my face looks brighter and healthier. The hype on these is so real.

Hermes Duo// This is another favorite scent of mine. It's a bit manly, which I love. I honestly think a man could wear this as cologne. Here's the description from the site 'Terre d'Hermès is a symbolic narrative exploring raw material and its metamorphosis. A novel that expresses the alchemical power of the elements. An eau between earth and sky. A journey imbued with strength and poetry. Woody, vegetal, mineral. Woody, aromatic.'

Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt Duo// This is probably my #1 most favorite scent ever. I have the large bottle and in the past few months, I have sprayed it on myself even when I am going nowhere because it just smells THAT good. This is another one I think men could also use as it definitely has a musky/manly scent to it. Here's how they describe it 'Waves breaking white, the air fresh with sea salt and spray. Alive with the mineral scent of the rugged cliffs. Mingling with the woody earthiness of sage. Lively, spirited, and totally joyful. Ambrette seeds open the fragrance. Their textural quality wraps the scent with an aura of sophistication. Sea salt illuminates the heart. The crunchy nature of sea salt brings both texture and a sense of freshness. Sage defines the base. It is woody with earthy, aromatic tones that bring a natural depth.'

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure