Thursday, September 10, 2020

Lately


Top// Jeans// Clutch// Shoes

So yesterday, as I was working on content, I went to go schedule today's blog post, and only then did I realize that it was Wednesday and not Tuesday. The holiday weekend had me TOTALLY thrown off on which day it was this week. Whoops.

Our weekend was pretty low key. We celebrated the derby which was fun and my sister is in town so it's been so nice to hang out with her! My horse was Major Fed and unfortunately, he did not win!!

We hung our ceiling medallion and light fixture for over our dining table and it looks so much better! I didn't love the fixture as much as I thought I would from when I saw it online to when I opened the box, but I ordered it in April and it didn't arrive until August, so I just decided to heck with it and we hung it anyway. It looks better hung than it did on the ground right out of the box, though, so I'm pleased! The medallion was honestly the biggest change and such an inexpensive thing to do, too! We got ours on Amazon.

We also got fall mums for our little back patio and I repotted my fern into a larger pot. I bought a mini fern at Home Depot on a whim and it has been sitting on my windowsill for months. It's been thriving so I finally decided it needed more room so hopefully, it continues to thrive! I don't know anything about plants but it has been fun getting to learn a few things here and there.

I popped into Hobby Lobby this week which isn't a store I frequent very often as it overwhelms me and I don't craft, but I wanted to get a piece of ribbon for our front door wreath (they have SO MUCH ribbon there). Half of the store (which is huge) is filled to the brim with full-on Christmas items. Think Christmas trees, lights, wreaths, ornaments, and so much more. I partially loved it and was partially very confused, haha! I walked out of the store thinking it should be cold outside. I have a feeling that retailers are going to be pushing holidays even sooner than usual this year.

Wearing: All about these Jeans during the fall and winter months! So comfortable and stretchy! 

Eating: I shared this french onion soup chicken last week with you all and we made it and I can confirm that it was one of the best recipes we ever made. It was SO savory and just the perfect cozy dish. I highly recommend it. If you read the comments in the recipe, some people share some edits that they made and we used a few of those edits. We also want to try and make it again using beef so it's more of a french onion type stew. 

Sale: Nordstrom is having a great sale. The sizes are pretty picked over, but it is worth browsing! Sharing a few pieces I found and loved in the widget above. 

Watching:
 We are still without any good new shows to watch. Right now I am still watching the OC and Growing Pains. 

Listening: My latest Pandora channel that I have been listening to is Chet Baker. It's a great jazz station and a perfect listen for 

Loving: I got these fluffy slippers in the Nordstrom Anniversary sale and this was my first time putting them on as we had a chillier morning this week and oh my goodness were they a good purchase!! They are no longer at Nordstrom but I found them here and in black here

Wanting: Not too much that I saw this week but I have been seeing more and more fall stuff popping up which has me SO excited.

Pittsburgh: This weekend, we went to drinks at Bridges and Bourbon with my parents as they have such nice outdoor seating right on Penn Avenue and it was lovely and the drinks were fabulous.

Quoting: 'Stop thinking about what they're thinking about you.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the tuckernuck dress and LOVE it.

Lucym said...

I'm telling everyone to watch Away on Netflix. So good!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure