Thursday, October 29, 2020

Lately






We are almost to Halloween weekend and November kicks off this Sunday. I cannot believe it. We also set the clocks back on Sunday which is not really my favorite. I don't love when things get dark SO early but I think it helps to look at the silver lining of that...  it means the holiday season is upon us! I also find that I am much better at going to bed earlier once the clocks fall back. Therefore, I am a much better morning person and I always feel SO much better when I keep to that schedule. 

I think we will end up decorating for Christmas next weekend. I need to be able to shoot things for my website/social media that are Christmas themed, so that's really what is driving the early decorating. Also, I don't mind decorating earlier than usual to get into a festive and cozy atmosphere in our home! We don't host Thanksgiving, so I don't need to worry about that aspect either. Traditionally, at my parent's house, we alwayas decorate the Sunday after Thanksgiving during the Steeler game. 

This week I did a lot of desk work which is never exciting but since it was mostly cold and gray all week, I didn't mind! This weekend, I need to focus on getting our house in order and clean!

The photos above are from a visit to the pumpkin patch back in September and over a month later, I realized I never shared these photos! We had such a fun time at Trax Farms which is south of Pittsburgh! 

Gifting: This advent calendar is SO fun and a good value at under $50. 

Eating: My very favorite Thanksgiving side dish: Green Bean Casserole. What's yours? 

Drinking: Adding this to my cocktail list: a winter aperol spritz

Reading: I'm wondering if anyone has any good seasonal books? I'm looking for a feel-good book that's set during Christmas/holiday time- one that feels great to read with a hot cup of tea at night instead of watching TV!

Sale: My favorite conditioner is on sale right now in the big bottle!! It is regularly $48 and right now it is $28. It makes my hair so soft, healthy, and shiny. 

Watching:
 Have you guys watched any good movies lately? My fiancĂ© and I just finished The Haunting of Bly Manor and loved it and we are going strong with Blacklist (love it), but on the weekends, sometimes we like to stay in and watch a movie instead of a show! 
Loving: So many great new pieces at J.Crew. They always do tartan so well. I am particularly fond of this sweater for men and am thinking about getting it for my fiancĂ©. It has an early 90s Home Alone vibe that I am just loving! 
Wanting: SO many holiday things starting to pop up and I LOVE it!!! Tartans, metallics, gift sets, etc. ! Also so many cozy things like this down robe which I really think I need. 

Smelling: I burned this candle this week and it's so wonderful. It's a great daytime candle since the grapefruit gives off an 'energizing' scent and the pine smells so fresh. 

Quoting:Always say ‘my peace is more important’ when you find yourself reacting to something that doesn’t deserve your energy.”// See more of my favorites, here. 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Read the Elin Hilderbrand Winter Street Series! It's about The Quinn Family at Christmas set in an Inn on Nantucket. Allllllll the cozy holiday vibes!

Kelly C said...

Love these Lately posts! I always check out Ashley Brooke for seasonal reading.

Laura Baker Busic said...

If you've never read "Skipping Christmas" by John Grisham, that's a cute holiday read!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure