Thursday, November 19, 2020

Lately




Hope you are all having a great week so far! This has been such a fast week, I have been busy so the days are all just bleeding together. I always pat myself on the back whenever we eat all of our meals (Sunday-Thursday) cooked at home and this was one of those weeks (well I guess I shouldn't speak too soon, hah!). 

I can't believe it SNOWED this week. On Tuesday it snowed quite a bit and at one point it looked like a blizzard outside! I don't love the freezing cold, but a snowy day here and there is something I love and Tuesday was so cozy and felt very Christmasy. It's looking like the temperatures will be much milder these next few days which I will take because Henry and I love a good long walk. 

I actually started wrapping gifts this week, too. I have mentioned this before but I love wrapping gifts and just find it so calming. I had gifts just sitting out with nowhere to really put them so I decided to wrap them now. Why not?! 

I also got the shipping notification that our Christmas cards will be arriving soon. I cannot wait to see them and send them out to our family and friends and share them with all of you!! 

Wearing: This Pearl Cardigan is a new(ish) favorite of mine. I had been seeing it for over a year and loving it but I was hesitant because of the distressing at the hems. I still don't think that's necessary but it's not bad in person and as soon as I put it on, I fell in love. It's a little oversized in the way it fits me so I even wear it around the house over just a simple t-shirt. If you are interested in the coated jeans, you can read about them, here

Eating: Did you catch yesterday's blog post rounding up 10 recipes I want to try this holiday season?

Drinking: What are your top 2 favorite sparkling water? Mine is the Trader Joe's Splash of Seltzer Blood Orange and Topo Chico. I haven't been able to find the flavored Topo Chico's yet, but I have been keeping an eye out! 

Sale: Pretty much everything is already on sale- crazy! But, there are some good ones right now. I will be highlighting a bunch next week as that is when the best sales will be live! 

Watching: We finished The Queen's Gambit (Netflix) this weekend and it was SO GOOD. Seriously if you are looking for a show to binge, this is it. It was so well done and I'm not even into chess. I also started The Crown's new season and I am loving it. We have The Undoing on our list to watch together as our next show and I have heard from so many of you that it is so good. 

Listening: Sharing my Christmas playlist again as I am often asked for the link. It's a good one! 
Loving: Whenever I share that I am wearing Dudley Stephens pieces I am always flooded with questions about sizing or whether they are 'worth' it. Whenever it is cold outside, all I want to do is cuddle up in my fleece pieces. They are 100% worth the hype in my opinion. If you are working from home and have to be on Zoom quite a bit, I think the turtleneck options are great because it doesn't look like you are wearing lounge clothing at all. I have a review post that you can read, here, that discusses sizing. I will update it with some different styles ASAP! I gave my mom one for her birthday this year and she is also obsessed!! 
Wanting: Not too much on my radar this week. I've just been gearing up for all of the sales next week so I didn't spend much time browsing this week! 

Pittsburgh: We got takeout from Emporio this weekend and it was SO good. I'm not really even a huge fan of meatballs in general, but they do a Thanksgiving ball each November and it's life-changing. It's a turkey meatball (that tastes like Thanksgiving) and then it's on top of corn and mashed potatoes. It's such a treat!!

Smelling: This is definitely not a winter or festive scent, but I saw this candle at Target the other day and you guys, it smells SO GOOD. In my opinion, it smells like much higher-end candles and reminds me of something I have smelled before but I can't put my finger on it. The scent is described as 'gardenia' but I don't really love overly floral scents and this one is not floral heavy, in my opinion! 

Quoting: 'Success in anything will always come down to this: Focus and Effort. We have control over both.'- Dwayne Johnson // See more of my favorites, here. 

2 comments:

Laura said...

Love the sweater!! I checked out their website. I see many items are one size only which can be tricky especially for us small frame ladies. Have you ordered from Vita Grace before? Wandered about quality and the sizing.

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Hey Laura!

I usually wear a size small in cardigans and this one fits a bit like a size medium- a bit more oversized in the arms. I am 5’6” and wear a size small or 2 in most tops and 27/4 in most jeans/bottoms. This is the only thing I have ordered from Vita Grace so far and I love it. The quality is great, the material is thick and soft and the pearls seems to be sewn on with care as they are very much attached and nothing is loose like some beaded sweaters can be! Hope this helps!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure