Thursday, December 17, 2020

Lately


Can you believe we are just 8 days from Christmas? WILD! This year has been so hard but it feels like it has gone by so quickly, and really, for that, I am grateful. Always. A. Silver. Lining. Onward and upward to 2021, friends!!!!!

This week was pretty low-key. Everything here in PA is pretty much shut down so no indoor dining, no gyms, etc. so there is truly nothing to do. 

Last Thursday, though, we did Zoo lights at the Pittsburgh Zoo and it was really cute and helped me to get into the Christmas spirit. We went with my parents and we got Iron Born pizza first and ate that in the car and then drove around the zoo, and then drove around some Pittsburgh neighborhoods to look at lights. Us passengers sipped on bubbly and it was just too fun and maybe something we would not have done in any other year.

We got a TON of snow yesterday. I haven't seen this much snow in a while! I am someone who loves the snow. I love to ski and just that overall vibe, so I always welcome snow. However, it can be quite hindering but I find that because I have nowhere to be this year, the snow is very cozy and calm and beautiful. I took Henry out yesterday as it was getting dark and he LOVES the snow. He just romps around and sticks his nose in it! Another thing I've been able to truly enjoy a little more this year as opposed to in years past. 
We also celebrated Henry's 3rd gotcha day yesterday. We adopted him back in 2017 and it was truly the best decision I ever made. I took him on a long, snowy walk, he gave him ice cream, and he got to pick a new toy! He brings joy to my life every single day and I could not be more grateful for him. 

Wearing: This Pearl Sweater has become a favorite of mine. It's so nice and thick and cozy but I feel fabulous when wearing it because of the pearl details. 
Eating: I am just so happy that Mediterra opened in the South Hills (right on Beverly Rd.) and we have gone a lot since it opened. We ended up getting a gift card as indoor dining is closed but we still wanted to make sure we were supporting them! This is their parma cotta sandwich and it was incredible. I also live for their tuna!! They do takeout, too! 

Drinking: If you have a peanut butter and whiskey lover, a great last-minute gift idea could be Screwball Peanutbutter whiskey. My fiancĂ© just got it and he says it is incredible- I like neither peanut butter nor whiskey, so I sat that out. 

Sale: The Company Store is having an end of season sale and I honestly cannot believe some of the prices on their linens. SO good. If you are looking to treat yourself to new bedding, now is the time to do it! This down blanket is a steal, as is this duvet cover, and this pillow cover

Watching:
 I had never really watched TLC before March but I started with 90 Day FiancĂ© before the 90 days, then moved on to more from that series. Now I've recently been watching Plathville which is... interesting to say the least!!! 

Listening: I was a guest on Dr. Kim Swale's podcast. I had so much fun recording with Kim and we chatted about maintaining and fostering close family relationships between parents and young adults. I also chat a bit about our wedding postponement and more! The audio got slightly jumbled so it sounds like I am interrupting a bit, but I swear I was not, haha! Anyway, I'd love for you to give it a listen! 
Loving: I just used my sweater shaver for our counter stools this week and it's just so satisfying. A cool gadget gift as a stocking stuffer! 

Loving II: I've loved seeing the snacks and drinks out for the delivery men and women all over Instagram so we decided to do it, too. We have ordered so much this year and I feel like this is such a simple way to brighten someone's day and get in the holiday spirit! 
Wanting: Not too much on my list... if you are still looking for gift ideas, my guides are linked below! 

Pittsburgh: Did you all know that Indiana, PA is the Christmas tree capital of the world? I had no idea- it's only about an hour from Pittsburgh! How neat! 

Smelling: I bought this back in early November and have been burning it ever since. It smells wonderful. It's not overly 'holiday' so I really think you could burn it all winter long. It just smells like a cozy winter cabin and has slight notes of spices, a little bit of a fire scent, and ever so slight fir tree scent. 

Quoting: Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.” — Abraham Lincoln // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure