Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Lately

Jeans// Nude Flats// Lip Color (in babe) 

With Christmas coming up this Friday, I wanted to switch things up so I could squeeze in a lately post as I know this is everyone's favorite! Tomorrow will be a sort of reflection so that's why I have swapped today and tomorrow! 

I'm sitting down to write this on our couch in front of the Christmas tree listening to my favorite holiday playlist of the year, 'Christmas cocktail jazz' on Spotify. It doesn't really feel like Christmas week to me. Normally, we would have so much going on. I'm just really trying to enjoy simple things like my beautiful tree and this wonderful playlist. 

I ordered a bunch of organizational bins and I am going to tackle our garage organization during the week between Christmas and New Year... thrilling! But truly, I am excited to have that all organized. Since March, I have organized every single inch of our home, and the garage is the only thing left!

Wearing: I bought very few things for myself during Cyber week but this cream tweed jacket was one of them. I LOVE it. It feels so chic and classic and I feel really good when I'm wearing it. 
Eating: We've been eating a lot of soups lately because of the cold and snow. We recently made my mom's ham and bean soup and it's so wonderful. It's full of flavor and very hearty and decently easy to make. This is the recipe that is so many years old! 

Drinking: Ready for allll of the bubbly later this week. My top favorites are Moet and Veuve and my budget favorite is Chandon! 

Watching:
 We have The Flight Attendant next up on our list of shows to watch. We have been hearing it is good. It's on HBO. 


Loving: We got a Nintendo Switch. My sister has one and we played it over Thanksgiving and we loved it. Since it's the Nintendo brand, it feels very much like N64 from my childhood. It has all the same (but updated) games like Mario Kart, Mario Party, etc. The cool thing about the Switch is that it comes with a screen, kind of like a Gameboy and you can detach the controllers and then hook it up to play on the screen. So you get a console and a portable system all in one. I was into N64 when I was little but never really into any other video games. We always had all of the systems because my sister loved that stuff, but it was just never my thing so I am surprised as to how much I love playing Mario Kart. It's so much fun! 
Wanting: I am all shopped out!!! Here are some things on my radar recently. I actually really look forward to the after Christmas sales when you can get a lot of decor and tablescape items on major sale! 

Pittsburgh: I know we will be doing a lot of local takeout during the week between Christmas and New Years and I have a little list of local Pittsburgh favorites, here

Quoting: "And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men. That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown." - Linus Van Pelt, A Charlie Brown Christmas See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure