Thursday, July 22, 2021

Lately

I felt a little 'off of my schedule' this week because I had to move things all around to make it all work... kept things interesting that is for sure, but sometimes you have to do that! 

I'm trying to work ahead on a lot of stuff so I am able to take some vacation time come August so it's been a lot of behind-the-scenes computer work and all of that! 

This past weekend my sister came home for my dad's birthday! We had a fun dinner out on Saturday at Pusadee's Garden and then Sunday we had a little family party at my parent's house with key lime pie and chocolate cake. Yum!! 

I also ended up getting a massage which is a first. I love massages but usually only get them when I am on a trip at a hotel. I don't know if I have ever gotten one in Pittsburgh before. I didn't know where to go so I just Googled 'massages' to find a spot and ended up going to Hand and Stone. It's similar to Massage Envy in that it is a chain with membership options. It was actually a really great massage; I was impressed. I think a massage depends on who you have as your masseuse as well as the location but I enjoyed it so much I already made an appointment to go back. It's definitely not luxury resort level in terms of atmosphere and amenities but for a massage, it was really affordable- only $60 and I feel it was well worth that if not more! Check it out if you have one in your area. I had never heard of it before I went and kind of just took a chance! 

Wearing: I have not worn anything presentable Monday through today. Since I've ben doing so much computer work and all of that, I've just been doing the bare minimum in terms of getting ready each day. You all wanted to know where my dress was from from my Wren home announcement and I will link that for you. It is so cute! 

Drinking: When we were out to dinner this past weekend, we got a bottle of white wine on the left. I am not a huge white wine person, but this was truly wonderful. I went to Wine and Spirits to get a bottle for a dinner we have this weekend and of course, in PA they only sell it to people with a liquor license. So, if you are out of PA, find this wine and buy some because it's so delicious. It's dry but very flavorful and so refreshing. The bottle on the right is what a guy at the state store told me to get instead. He said it will be pretty similar, so I'll report back! 

Sale: I can't believe this cashmere dress is marked down to $108. I am picturing this with a faux fur vest and booties come fall. I ordered it but I've noticed a lot of delays in shippig. So I'll review it when I get it but if you really want it, I'd try it now as it might be sold out before I can review it. It's free shipping and returns. Love these flat sandals currently on sale! Also, Club Monaco's sale keeps getting better and better! It's up to 60% off and an extra 10% off with code ENDOFSEASON. 

Loving: We got the white wine version of our red wine glasses that we love. I am not a huge white wine drinker but it's nice to have these on hand for guests! I did have some rosĂ© with my mom when she was over last night to test them out. The shape is a little more modern than I typically skew but I just love them. They are elegant and simple! 
Wanting: Oh my gosh THIS COAT!!! Very interested to try these jeans

Pittsburgh: Like I mentioned above we went to Pusadee's Garden this past weekend. For those of you in Pittsburgh you've probably been before but maybe not since they have reopened with their entirely renovated space. It's like a completely different restaurant in terms of vibe and menu but I give it a 10/10. Might be one of the coolest/best restaurants I've been to in Pittsburgh ever. It is hard to get a reservation. I suggest making one exactly one month in advance... honestly it's a little elusive... borderline like the Polo Bar in NYC in terms of getting in, but exactly one month is the trick. The only thing that I thought was odd is that they were not making use of the entire restaurant. Lots of tables free but all the reservations were booked. I can only think they must be having trouble getting help. 

Smelling:  I got a deluxe sample of this hand cream in one of my orders and oh my gosh... it's one of the best things I have ever smelled. I have absolutely no idea how to put the scent into words... I had my fiancĂ© smell it and he loved it too. It's unlike anything I have ever smelled before. It also works wonderfully and really hydrates my hands. The only thing that is annoying about it is that it doesn't come in a tube or something lighterweight that is easy to tote aroumd. It is beautifully pacakaged in a glass tub. I don't love tubs because I just never think that is sanitary, but also because the glass is heavy in a handbag. Anyway, it's amazing, but wish it came in a tube!! 

Quoting: 'Talk about your blessings more than you talk about your problems' // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure