Thursday, July 15, 2021

Lately


I hope you are all having a lovely week! This past weekend some of my girlfriends surprised me with a little bachelorette night out. I was SO surprised, I couldn't believe it! My sister and I went on my 'bachelorette' in March to Montage Palmetto Bluff right before the pandemic, we had the best time, but it's been about a year and a half since then, so this was seriously the nicest surprise to really make me feel like a bride! 

My sister is in town this weekend for my dad's birthday which is exciting! We are all going out to dinner together on Saturday night to celebrate. I ordered him a fun gift which I'll have to share with you all after his birthday. 

This past week I also went to Mosaic, which is where we are renting our linens and went through everything for that, and also had a dress fitting at Bridal Beginning. So many fun things going on right now! 

We are also headed out to dinner with some friends on Friday night. We were supposed to be going to dinner with them last Friday, but that was apparently just the 'front' to get me to go downtown for my little bachelorette night out, ha!! 

Wearing:
 This has been one of my favorite dresses this summer. I have worn it often. I love the ruffled neckline and the big bow in the back. It looks somewhat dressy and is just really easy to wear! 

Drinking: Did you all know Costco makes Kirkland's brand alcoholic seltzers? I saw them on Instagram and want to try! Our Costco's in PA won't get them because they don't sell alcohol. Has anyone tried them? We are going to look for them when we go to the lake! 

Sale: My favorite vitamin C serum is on sale with code OBAGI25!

Listening: I took Alexa to put on 'something calm' thinking she was going to play soft jazz or classical and she played a Spotify playlist called 'healing rhythms'. It sounds like what they play at a spa, and while I really wasn't expecting it, I found it to truly be relaxing and enjoyable background noise. 
Lipstick (in rosewater)// Dress
Loving: I think this truly is becoming one of my holy grail lip products. It's a true lipstick so the color is very opaque and somewhat matte. It can be layered to be more saturated or applied with a lighter touch for a less saturated look. It's so easy to apply. It's so hydrating, not drying at all, and somehow lasts a good amount of time (lesser than a longwear product but way longer than most other regular lipsticks). I also just think this color is just perfect. It's the shade rosewater. I think this is what I might wear on our wedding day because I feel like it's enough oomph but still not 'a lot'. 
Wanting: I want these casual fashion sneakers. I just don't have a reason to get new fashion sneakers, ha!! 

Pittsburgh: We are finally going to the new Pusadee's Garden. I love their food and I have heard their new renovations look amazing! 

Smelling: I had to run to the Galleria and popped into Pottery Barn and bought this candle. It smells AMAZING. It's kind of like a mix of Santal 26 and Figuier. I actually think I might like this better than both of those! 
Quoting: See more of my favorites, here.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Costco Selzers are so good! We're getting some for a house party - we've been to several parties this summer and everyone really likes them!

Ashley said...

Costco Selzers are so good! We're getting some for a house party - we've been to several parties this summer and everyone really likes them!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure