Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Public Access




Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Sale open access to all! If you are new here, I've done a few posts about the sale you can find here:


Today's my last Anniversary Sale post- I'm sure some of you are done hearing about it, ha!! But really, a lot is already sold out and I didn't think much of it this year, so this post will be quite brief! 

I ended up only ordering 3 things (cardigan, jacket, vest). When my window to shop opened up on 7/16, a lot was already sold out including the faux leather pants that I was interested in. 

This Coat has a navy puffer-style body and the sleeves and collar are a thick black knit. It appealed to me because I felt like it had a Moncler vibe for a fraction of the cost. Moncler does a lot of jackets that are puffer and knit and I think that's a pretty look. This is not for frigid temperatures but it was much warmer than I was expecting. It's also really nicely made for the price. A high-quality jacket. It's also packable so it's the perfect thing for winter travel. I'm honestly surprised more people are not talking about this coat. 

It runs true to size. I am wearing a size small. Sometimes, in winter coats, I size up to a medium because I like there to be plenty of room for a thick sweater. However, this size small is plenty roomy for a thick sweater so I would not suggest sizing up! If you live in a warmer climate and don't need to wear a heavy sweater and a coat, I suggest sizing down for a snugger fit.

This cardigan is really nice quality. It is thick and well-made. It's heavy so it is definitely more for the colder months. It runs roomy, so if between sizes, size down. The 'white' part of the sweater is much more of warm cream in person rather than a bright white as it's showing in the photo. 


This vest is navy blue and it's a deep blue. It is faux fur on the front and then a nylon-type material on the back (which looks sportier). but the faux fur goes all the way around at the collar. It zips down the front, has 2 pockets and then zips on either side to give more room if you need it. I would say this runs true to size and if anything, size down. 

The description on the site says 'hooded', but even on the model photo, you don't see a hood. I was hoping there would be no hood. I was pleasantly surprised to see that was the case when it arrived! This is a heavy vest so it will really only work in pretty cold weather. Might even be a good substitution for a coat if you live in a milder winter climate. 

If you all loved the faux fur vest I constantly post about (sold out currently, but I always keep an eye for it to pop back up during the colder months and share if it does) this is something that I would say is pretty darn similar. It's almost as soft as the one I have, it has an a-line shape to it and a big collar. I would say this one skews a touch more casual than the other one I have as the nylon-style back is just not as dressy looking. Otherwise, they really are super similar.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure