Friday, August 13, 2021

Food At The Lake






If you haven't gathered from Instagram, we are at the lake right now enjoying time with our family and friends. Henry is living his best life, that's for sure. I LOVE going to the lake. It is so laidback. We cook dinner each night, we eat sandwiches in baskets for lunch, and I rarely ever wear a stitch of makeup or do my hair. We have cocktail hour each night with meat and cheese and it's all just delightful. It's a true vacation where there are no plans and everyone does what they want. It is always just so much fun to just be together. It's been especially fun to be with all of our family as everyone has been talking all about our wedding and it's just so fun to recap it all with them! 

We went from our wedding weekend to The Greenbrier to the lake. We were home approximately 18 hours between The Greenbrier and the lake. We definitely did not have time to go grocery shopping like we typically do before we head down to the lake. Hiawassee is a town on the smaller side so we often bring a ton of our own groceries with us to make sure we have all of our favorites on hand, ahem, Topo Chico and Grillo's pickles!! 

I've had my Walmart+ membership for almost a year now and I love it. It's a membership program with free same-day delivery from local stores. They always deliver fresh, high-quality groceries and you get free, unlimited delivery with your membership ($35 minimum, restrictions apply). 

Walmart+ was particularly useful in this instance, too, because I was able to focus on unpacking and re-packing without having to stress about going out and getting groceries. I was packing away at home, doing laundry, and more, and all of the groceries were dropped off! I was able to fill the cooler and get it into the car before we needed to head out. It was seamless! 

Not only that, but I also have a Walmart+  membership delivery scheduled for the evening that we return. We'll be able to enjoy a refrigerator full of groceries as soon as we get home to start our week off eating healthy meals at home. It's one less thing to think about and makes returning home from a trip so much easier and more enjoyable. 

Thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love Walmart plus! I have had it since the beginning of the pandemic & it’s been a lifesaver for me.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure