Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Look for Less






Splurge// Look For Less (what I have on in the photos)
I love love love this dress. I spent all summer looking high and low for dresses to wear to all sorts of events and get-togethers I had on my calendar. There have been lots and still quite a few more to come until we get to cooler weather.

I really have been struggling this year because whatever is 'in' is totally not my style or personal taste. I've seen dress after dress with puffy sleeves and way too much fabric or absolutely no shape, and while that looks so beautiful on some, it just isn't my thing. 

So to find a classic dress that can work for a multitude of things was SUCH a win for me! I first wore this for a family friend's birthday party. We started out with drinks and appetizers at our country club and then headed down to Lawrenceville to Round Corner cantina for margaritas. We had such a fun time with a big group of people! This was the perfect thing to wear for a very hot summer night. I felt cool and cute all night long. 

I also think this dress will be a perfect transition piece for September/October because you can easily wear a cardigan over top or even a full sweater so it looks like you're wearing a navy skirt. 

Sizing
I suggest sizing down one size. I am wearing a size 2 and probably could have even gone down to a 0. It has a stretchy panel in the back so you get the perfect fit. The panel is not super stretchy but just enough so that you look like you have a nice fit around the bodice! 

Funny enough, I stumbled upon this dress (after I had this dress) which is like 4x the price of the one I am wearing. It's crazy to me how similar they are! 

More J.Crew New Arrivals That I Am Loving:

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure