Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Girls Day Out Holiday Tradition





Shop Our Talbots Outfits:
Every year on the day before Thanksgiving, my mom, Grammie, sister, and aunt, and I all go out for an afternoon of shopping and lunch. I'm not exactly sure of how it started but it's been a thing for many years! It's such a nice, laidback day and we are all women who just love to shop! 

I think my favorite thing about holiday traditions is that they can start any year! Some traditions we have done since I was very little, like our Christmas Eve party at my parents, and then there are others we have only just begun in the past 5-10 years. It's so fun to create new ones and honor the older ones! This is a 'newer' tradition for us. We have been doing it since I was in college, though, so it's been at least 10 years!! 

So when Talbots asked me to share a tradition with you all, I just knew I had to share this one. I actually don't know if I have ever formally shared it with you all! We stop into Talbots each year so I just knew this was the perfect thing. 

This post is not sponsored however, I did a sponsored Instagram with Talbots today, but I wanted to share our day out and outfits here on my website, too, so I can remember this day forever! We had the best day. It was a true family affair as my dad took all of the photos for us... and held our bags while we shopped, ha!! He is such a trooper!

My Grammie is the shopping queen and the one who started our family's love for Talbots. She has impeccable taste- I always want to dress like her and have home decor like her. She is also always polished. Her hair is always done, jewelry on, clothes always pressed. It's so impressive. She said she has been shopping at Talbots since the 1950s! I know for me personally, I grew up wearing Talbots Kids (remember?!), and then when I was in high school, I worked there as a weekend job! I loved being able to get the discount with Talbots and have worn the brand throughout my entire adult life! It is classic and ladylike and one of the few brands out there where my 95-year-old grammie, my mom, and I can all find something we love! I would wear exactly what my mom and Grammie are wearing in these photos- all timeless pieces for someone at any age! 

Also, we went to the Galleria location here in Pittsburgh and I just have to comment that their staff was so lovely and so helpful. They were fully stocked with beautiful holiday pieces! 

After our shopping, we went out to lunch. At lunch, my grammie was so cute and gave us written out invitations for an upcoming dessert and wine party at her house! She loves to entertain. 

Family is everything to me- it's the most important thing without a doubt in my mind. With Thanksgiving around the corner, I feel deeply thankful to have a job that I not only love but that I am able to involve my family from time to time! I know I will treasure these photos with my mom and Grammie always. It was a special day for us. We missed my sister and aunt who are also a part of this tradition. They both live out of state and will be here in town for Thanksgiving and I cannot wait!! 

Also, we all three now have matching pairs of these fabulous Gloves! They have a faux fur band around them and they are touch-screen friendly. So chic! We agreed they felt very Jackie O! The three of us actually have quite a few things matching in our wardrobes and I love it!






On Me:
Shop the Look:
How festive is this outfit? Blackwatch plaid, bright red suede, bows, crystal buttons!!!! And yet, I do think the outfit is subtle at the same time. The real show stopper is this velvet down puffer. It is selling out quickly and I love it SO much. It's even prettier in person and a piece that someone would stop you and ask you where it is from. It's that good. It's warm like a puffer but much dressier than your typical puffer because of the velvet and the way it is cut. And do you see those dots on my pants? They are velvet! So the pants are a flat front and zip down the side so they look extra polished. I think you could casualize the look by pairing the blackwatch pants with a chunky black sweater (something like this- size up for an oversized look) and booties. I actually saw these booties in the store and was drooling over them! Everything I'm wearing runs true to size except for the velvet puffer. It runs small in, my opinion. It is meant to fit like a jacket/blazer so I sized up to a 10 to have it fit more like a true coat where I could layer a sweater underneath! 


On Mom:
Shop the Look:
As soon as I saw my mom in this outfit, I asked her if I could borrow it, haha! Doesn't she look so chic?! She and my grammie are in somewhat similar outfits because they are wearing a black base and then accented it with a cape. It's seriously one of my most favorite ways to dress because the black underneath is so easy and the cape then becomes the focal point. It's honestly the best when traveling because a black base can go with so much and you can easily change up the look. We are headed to Savannah and Sea Island soon and my mom said she will be traveling with this entire look! The cape is actually reversible to a solid navy blue and the faux fur collar is removable. So you really get 5 looks in one because you can even take the faux fur collar off and put it on other things like a coat or a sweater! So versatile. Also the shoes!! They have sparkly bows on them and they're gorgeous. The sparkle is not super crazy- just enough to add a bit of pizzaz so while they're festive for the holidays, they're appropriate during other times, too! She's also wearing the Audrey sweater. I have several colors in the Audrey sweater and wear them often. It's high-quality cashmere with the most flattering neckline- such a classic wardrobe staple. All of the pieces my mom is wearing are true to size. 




On Grammie:
Shop the Look:
Ok, how gorgeous does Grammie look?!?! I think this was the first time ever that I took 'formal' outfit photos of my grammie and she was such a great sport!! Grammie is wearing a beautiful pointelle sweater so it has a beautiful knit detail around the neckline to add some texture and interest! She's also wearing the Soho leggings which I also have- they're a really nice quality thick pair of leggings that have a banded elastic waist. I wear mine often as they're a great base for any outfit and very comfortable. She topped her outfit off with a ruana that is also reversible to a solid gray, so she has wardrobe options! My grammie paired the outfit with a pair of beautiful suede loafers- there are tons of color options to choose from and she can confirm that they are comfortable! Bonus? Grammie and I wear the same size shoe- we have been known to swap shoes from time to time, ha!! All of the pieces my grammie is wearing are true to size! 

2 comments:

Sarah @ Fewer & Better said...

This looks like such a lovely day, Sydney! I love the strong relationship you have with the women in your family--it's such a blessing! Traditions are wonderful and I loved hearing about yours.

Annaliese said...

This is so sweet! What a fun tradition! Talbots is one of the few stores that both my mom and I love- we have different styles but both of us can always find things there.

xoxo A
www.southernbelleintraining.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure