Thursday, November 4, 2021

Lately


How is everyone's week going? I cannot believe we have almost made it to a new month and that means less than two months left of 2022! My least favorite weekend of the year has arrived because we have to turn back the clocks!!! I don't mind the cold all that much but I do loathe that it gets dark at like 5pm!! At least we get an extra hour of sleep on Sunday! 

We went to Boston this weekend to visit friends and had a great time! We got in late Friday and then it poured on Saturday all day/night, but finally, Sunday was gorgeous and we were able to have some fun. We walked around the city and grabbed drinks and food and just had such a fun day exploring. I ate so much seafood all weekend, it was the BEST! We just don't get seafood like that here in Pittsburgh so I took full advantage. We returned on Monday so this week has felt short!
Wearing: I've shared several times now that I am trying not to wear jeans as much. Last year I got in such a rut, mind you, we weren't going very many places, but I wore jeans way too often and this winter season I want to be switching it up as much as possible! These pants are a current favorite. They are so stretchy and comfortable (more comfortable than jeans) and look so polished. If you work in an office this would be a great basic for you to have but I've been wearing them even with sneakers! They run true to size and right now they're an extra 50% off with code NOVEMBER making them just $35. 

Eating: I randomly bought this lettuce in my Walmart order and it's SO good. It's kind of weird to say that lettuce is great because it's all kind of similar, but truly, this is crunchier than any other romaine I have ever purchased. It tastes so great and gives that nice crunch to a wrap or event just a lettuce cup! 
Sale: J.Crew just dropped holiday new arrivals and I'm loving them! Use code NOVEMBER for 25% off your purchase! 

Watching:
 Have you all watched anything good lately? We haven't really had a great show to watch in a while. I think it's because we haven't had much time to devote to TV lately! 

Listening: In case you want to get started on Christmas listening, here's my Christmas playlist
Loving: In the colder months, my skin needs as much moisture as possible, especially my face. My skin just gets so dry. Last year it was so bad I ended up getting humidifiers. I just got this face oil and I am loving it. It is so hydrating and feels so luxurious to put on at night. It hasn't made me break out at all and I feel like this coupled with a heavy moisturizer is the answer to combatting dry skin. 
Loving II: I would rather wear a stud earring vs. a dangly earring any day. It's harder to find really pretty 'statement studs', though. I saw these earrings and had to get them. They are deep green in the center and then have faux diamonds acting as a halo. They definitely make a statement. They feel a bit 80's to me, but I love the glitz of them for the holiday season! 

Wanting:
 Ok this looks like a $500 Ralph Lauren sweater for a fraction of that. SO pretty. 
Pittsburgh: Sullivans, a steakhouse, just opened up in the Steel Tower downtown and we were invited to their opening event which was lovely! They had a fun cocktail bar featuring their signature drink, the knockout, which is mandarin vodka infused with pineapple and it was SO good. It's not something I might have ordered off a menu but after tasting it, I would totally order it!!! They had a great jazz triom and lots of stations to sample so many of their menu items. Everything was seriously delicious but I think my favorite was the shrimp lettuce cups or the scallops!

Smelling: This perfume bottle is stunning!! Has anyone smelled this?! I am so curious, it sounds lovely. 

Quoting: 'Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.' // See more of my favorites, here.

2 comments:

Annaliese said...

TV rec: I'm loving Dopesick on Hulu! It's based on a book which I've read, but I think the show is even better.
I want to order those J. Crew pants you featured here! Thanks for sharing.

xoxo A
www.southernbelleintraining.com

Unknown said...

I am obsessed with the beautiful cream jacket you are wearing with the pants in this photo. Is it still available?

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure