Thursday, December 23, 2021

Lately



Seinfeld fans know today as Festivus, but to me, it's Eloise's quote 'It's Christmas Eve Eve!!' I hope you have all been having a great week! I'm ready to initiate holiday mode!!

This past weekend we celebrated a friend's engagement and we went to our club's Christmas party! Lots of fun was had that's for sure! 

As many of you know, Christmas Eve is the big night for our family and our celebrations. My parents have a big party and it's always one of the best nights of the year!!! We then go to my aunt's house for Christmas day dinner for prime rib and it's always delicious. 

Have you all gotten all your errands done and gifts wrapped? I'm officially DONE. Wahoo! 2022 will mark 13 years of blogging for me and last year was the first time ever that I took a week off from blogging and I'm doing to do that again this year. I think it was one of the best things I did. I felt so recharged and inspired and ready to start off the new year with great content. 

I'll still be doing some work all next week but am not pressuring myself. Tomorrow will be the last blog post of the year and it will be my favorite things from 2021! And then I'll be back here on Monday, January 3rd and continue to post Monday-Saturday and those posts will continue to go live each morning at 6am EST! 

I hope you all have the very best time celebrating with your family and friends and I'm wishing you all a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2022!! Thank you all for visiting Summer Wind and taking the time out of your day to support me. It means SO much. I so appreciate your kindness throughout the year!
Drinking: My sister makes this punch for Christmas Eve each year. If you are in the need for a fun punch recipe: she just eyeballs the measurements but she puts in pomegranate juice, cranberry juice, a bottle of prosecco, vodka, lots of fresh limes squeezed, and then citrus, cranberries, and mint for garnish.

Sale: Nordstrom is having a really good sale right now. It's dangerous!!! 

Watching:
 Have you all watched a good movie lately? We haven't seen anything good at all in so long, but I would love a recommendation if you have it!! 

Listening: I'm so sad to have to quit the Christmas music soon. I just love it. However, if you need something with a similar vibe but that is not Christmas-y, my dinner party playlist is so good! 


Loving: I just got these Ugg slippers. They're metallic gold and what I love most about them is that the outside of them is not suede so if I spill my coffee on them (which has happened more often than I'd like to admit when it comes to slippers), it can be wiped off and won't stain!

Wanting: I saw this faux orchid in person and I loved it. It looked real! I really don't like fake flowers of any kind but I really do think this looked believably real! 

Pittsburgh: Would you know that I have not been downtown to ice skate in years. That is on my list to do this year!!! 

Quoting: See more of my favorites, here.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Merry Christmas, Sydney! I hope you enjoy wonderful Christmas celebrations with your family and friends. When one of my daughters was little she nicknamed today "Christmas Adam." It has stuck for our family! Enjoy!

Sarah @ Fewer & Better said...

That punch recipe looks so good! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sydney!

Miranda said...

Merry Christmas Sydney! Thank you so much for your Blog. I look forward to each one. Enjoy this special time with your family!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure