Thursday, February 17, 2022

Lately


I have no idea why, but this was seriously the fastest week ever. I blinked and here we are already to Thursday. We didn't even have all that much going on this week! This past weekend, we went to a Super Bowl get-together at a friend's house. It was such a fun time and even though I didn't care about the game I did think that half-time show was pretty great. Whenever I see a production on a large scale, my mind immediately goes to everything that had to go on behind the scenes to make all of that happen. It just blows my mind to think of all of the work!! 

All this week was cold and then all of the sudden, we started to have 'warm' days as of yesterday! Yesterday was like 60 and sunny and today gray but it's still 'warm'. Looking ahead, it really looks very mild (for Pittsburgh standards) all the way into March! I am sooo here for that! 

I've basically spent all this week prepping for being away mid-next week for 10 days. I'm headed to Charlotte, NC on Wednesday to stay with my sister and then we are headed to Charleston on Thursday for the weekend for her bachelorette. My husband will meet me once Callie leaves and we will enjoy time together there! 

Packing for 10 days always trips me up... I'll likely put it off to the last minute just because I can never figure out what I want to pack. I usually just bring it all with me, ha!!! 


Wearing: This sweater that I am wearing in the photo above is expensive, but honestly, I feel like it is 'inexpensive' for how nice it is- especially with how expensive everything is right now. It's as nice if not nicer than most Vince sweaters and some of those go for double the price. It's seriously incredibly made and all winter, I have been reaching for this the most. It's super warm, though, so if you live in a warmer climate, this is probably not for you. I even wear it at home with sweatpants just to lounge in. I am wearing a size small. It's pretty roomy but I prefer it that way. You can sometimes snag La Ligne on Nordstrom Rack, although sizes can be spotty! 

Eating: We finally went to Oak Hill Post, which is a restaurant here in Pittsburgh. They are known for their burger so that's what I got and WOW was it good. I highly, highly, highly recommend it!!! We also got the breakfast burrito so we split both and that was also amazing. 

Reading: Do you all want to know something absolutely ridiculous? I started The Silent Patient literally years ago and have only gotten through like 20 pages of it. I have heard amazing things about it but each time I try to read it, I only get through a few pages. I am going to make it my March goal to finish the darn book, haha!! 

Watching: We just started the Inventing Anna series on Netflix. It's good so far. We are only 1 episode in. Nothing amazing so far but worth the watch! 

Loving: I finally snagged a Pauline De Roussy De Sales piece. I just love her work. I used Art To Frames to have it framed. It was SO easy to use. I usually use Framebridge but they didn't have the color of mat that I was looking for. I wanted this exact shade of green to pull out the olives in the martinis that the dogs are drinking! It was probably priced around the same as Framebridge but with Art To Frame you put your own art into the frame once it arrives.  

Wanting: Some things are finally starting to come out for the spring season so that has me excited!! 

Pittsburgh: Last Thursday, we went to this really neat pop-up bar experience here in Pittsburgh. It's called Neverland so it's a spin-off of Peter Pan. You can buy tickets, it's about 90 minutes, you have 3 drinks included and they are 'themed'. You get them throughout the 'show'. It's cute and something different than a typical 'date night'! 

Smelling: My friend had this candle burning at her house the other night and it smelled so good, I had to ask her what it was! I don't know why, but I always think 'champagne' branded candles are sweet-smelling, but this one isn't. The scent notes say, ' Top: tart citrus, apple, white peach, strawberry, Middle: sparkling champagne, effervescent rose, Bottom: sugared vanilla bean, weathered barrel'. I don't love the description so I would have never purchased it had I not smelled it in person. It smells so good. Not sweet at all and very cozy but I can smell the citrus which gives it a light/fresh scent, too.

Quoting: See more of my favorites, here.

2 comments:

Laura Baker Busic said...

Oh my gosh I'm laughing so hard that you're working on finishing the Silent Patient right now because I made that my goal for March too!I started it last summer and put it down and never picked it back up, but I just pulled it back out last week with the intention of finishing it!

Deborah said...

The Silent Patient is an excellent book! You should probably start it over so you will be prepared fir the amazing TWIST at the end!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure