Thursday, April 7, 2022

Lately

I was SO unmotivated this week. My husband was out of town this past weekend so I actually used a lot of that time to clean/organize and do a bunch of work but then when Monday came around, I feel like I was just a little all over the place. I'm very certain it has at least something to do with the weather. It has been chilly and gray and I'm just very over it! It has left me feeling uninspired, that's for sure.

I'm headed to Florida this weekend (more on that below) which will be fun. I'm actually getting a spray tan and manicure today so maybe that will perk me up a bit! 

Something that I am excited about is that I booked us a house for Nantucket next summer. This is the second year in a row that I had put it off too late and couldn't really find any rentals that I loved for 2022. So, we are booked well over a year in advance for summer 2023, haha! My husband's birthday is in June and Nantucket is his favorite place in the world so we try to go around then to celebrate his birthday! I don't normally love to book something/plan that far in advance but I've been noticing with travel you kind of have to do that lately, things book up so quickly. 

I am also excited because my husband just told me he got us tickets for John Mayer next month! I have never seen him in concert but absolutely love him. I think he is so talented! If he plays In Your Atmosphere or Covered in Rain I will absolutely lose it!!!!! 

Monday I am going to be taking Henry to a vet appointment. He has this tiny little 'skin tag' looking thing on his lower eyelid (it's like the size of a grain of salt) and I'm going to take him in to have it looked at. I'm hoping and praying all is OK. He is totally fine and the vet didn't seem too concerned when I called about it but I can't help but keep thinking about it. Monday cannot get here soon enough so I will know what it is. I remember Mac (our family dog who passed away in 2018) had an eye issue and it was easily corrected with eye drops. I've been praying it will all be OK! 

Then, Tuesday we are headed to the Pirate's home opener (Pittsburgh MLB team) and my birthday is Thursday! I feel like as I get older, I am thankful for another year of health and happiness but other than that, I don't care for my birthday to be a 'big thing'. And then after that, Easter, and we will be over halfway through April. Wild!!!!!

Wearing: I ordered this Striped Dress and Blue Dress and they were delivered this week and I love them both. I was looking for easy dresses to toss on when it gets warmer. These are the kind of dresses that are comfortable and cute and look put together that also do really well in the heat... this kind of thing is basically all I wear when it's super hot outside! I'm wearing a small in both, they are true to size! 

Sale: The Sephora sale opens to Insiders today (10% off)! You can see my blog post outlining what I use, my top 5 favorites, and what was in my cart! 

Watching:
 I started Pieces of Her on Netflix and it is pretty good so far. It's an action and mystery type show. 

Listening: Been into this song for working out! 
Wanting: I really want one of these Sue Sartor dresses. I've had the tab open on my computer for about a month and haven't purchased yet because I cannot for the life of me decide which print I want, haha!!!! There are so many good ones. I am usually pretty decisive but I literally love every single one and they are all so different! I also would love this set of silver vases. How pretty would all 6 be down the center of a dining table!!! 
Pittsburgh: I finally made it to the new Tupelo Honey in Station Square on Friday! I went for dinner and it was delicious. I had been to the one in Charlotte for brunch and it was so delicious so I figured dinner would be good, too, and I was not wrong. I got the pork and it was incredible! 

Amazon Rec: You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Traveling: On the bright side, literally, I'm headed to Florida this weekend to meet my friend Abby! We are going to Amelia Island for a quick weekend get-together and to shoot her collaboration with Lisi Lerch! I am so excited for her and love spending time with her. I haven't seen her in person since October 2020 so it will be so great to catch up in person! 

Quoting: See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure