Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Rosecliff Chandelier

Serena and Lily Rosecliff Chandelier

Serena and Lily Rosecliff Chandelier

Serena and Lily Rosecliff Chandelier

Serena and Lily Rosecliff Chandelier

Serena and Lily Rosecliff Chandelier
You may remember this blog post that I wrote almost exactly one year ago about my dining room chandelier. When I moved into this home, everything was builder-grade. I really didn't even know what builder-grade was until I moved in so for those that don't, it's a term to describe light fixtures, hardware, etc. in a home. Our home is new construction (and not a custom build) so I was only able to choose a few cosmetic things in the home. The bathrooms didn't even have mirrors and the windows didn't even have blinds! So the hardware and all of that was very 'builder-grade'. It can often mean lower quality and in this case, I'm using it to mean lower quality.... or just not the quality I would prefer personally. 

Builder-grade light fixture 

Anyway, the dining room came with a brushed silver light fixture that was not to my personal taste. Since I've moved in, over the years I've been slowly replacing things like light switch plates, etc. I think out of everything in the house, though, the brushed silver chandelier was my least favorite thing and I knew it had to go and, fast. So, in my defense (haha) I was certainly hasty in my decision-making! 

Ballard Designs Leigh 6-Light Chandelier
I bought this Ballard Designs chandelier. It's a 'look for less' for this Serena and Lily chandelier. I also bought this medallion which is inexpensive and was such a good move, in my opinion. I had my dad swap the chandeliers out in 2020... the builder grade to the Ballard Designs  'look for less'. 

Then, after about a year with the chandelier, I could no longer stand it. It just looked cheap to me. Every time I looked at it, I just felt deflated. Even my mom agreed it had to go and when my dad was installing it, he said it felt like poor quality. 

I had always had my eye on this Serena and Lily chandelier, it is pricier so that's what held me off. I ended up seeing the chandelier in the most random place. We were at our church in the rectory for some pre-wedding stuff and lo and behold I was admiring a chandelier on the ceiling and it looked so familiar ... and finally, it clicked! I quietly nudged my husband and exclaimed 'that's the chandelier I have been wanting!!!!!' 

It looked even better in person than in the photos online. Seeing it really sealed the deal and a few months later, my dad was back and removing the old one and putting in the new one! 

I will say, I really do think that seeing things in person before buying them is key. I think had I seen the Ballard Designs light fixture in person and hung up, I would not have purchased it. It's tough in Pittsburgh, though, we don't have many home decor stores around here except for like Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware so I am always taking a gamble when I order online!

Also, no hate on Ballard Designs. I have so many of their things in our home and have always been so pleased with the quality. I love BD, I just think the chandelier was not for me and not up to their usual quality standards. 

With home stuff, it really is true when they say 'buy the best and you'll only cry once'. This new chandelier is exactly what the space needed and is just so gorgeous. I see it every day and think about how happy I am that it is in our home. I know that sounds silly, but it is just so pretty!

Anyway, this is just me sharing the chandelier as it's been in our home for like 10 months now and I'm not sure if I have ever shared it! If you are on the fence with this light fixture, I say go for it. It's truly gorgeous and high quality...  a classic that I will have for many. years to come! 

Also, as a side note, it looks like it's fully in stock and ready to ship within a week or two, which is really good because so many home items are back-ordered and take months to even ship! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you kept the Bd one. Switch it out when you finally move and take the nice one with you.

Sharon said...

You're right -- the new chandelier looks wonderful. The older one just doesn't have the same impact.

K Renee said...

I love the medallion! Was it hard to install or did you hire someone to do it? The chandelier is beautiful too.

K Renee said...

Beautiful! Was the medallion hard to install or did you hire someone to do that?

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure