Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Pretty Pink and Green Sundress for Summer





*use code SUMMERWIND for $50 off (the largest discount that they have ever done before)*
Shop the Look:
These photos are from my Florida trip last week but the story about this dress starts in Charleston! When I was there back in early March, I stopped into the absolute cutest shop called Beau and Ro, right on King Street! I had never heard of the brand before but I literally wanted everything in the store. It's beautifully curated and decorated! 

Anyway, the brand reached out shortly after that, so serendipitous, and asked if I would love to style a dress by Beau and Ro. I said of course! They have so many fabulous things- a lot of well-known brands like CeliaB, Daydress, Farm Rio, Mille, etc. but they also carry their own Beau and Ro brand

The Dress I am wearing is amazing. It's a super lightweight 100% cotton and it somehow does not wrinkle. I packed it in my suitcase and didn't have to iron/steam it. It's fully lined and is overall such a good dress to wear all summer long. I actually don't have to wear a bra with it either, which I love. If I can get away with not wearing a bra, I will definitely be happy! 

Funny enough, I ended up buying a rattan belt that afternoon while in C.Orrico, I can't find it on their site but this and this are both similar options! I think it would look so cute on this dress, I will have to get some photos of myself in the dress with a belt, too, and share soon! 

The sweet Brittany from Palm Beach Sandals was SO thoughtful and generous as she dropped off Palm Beach Sandals for both my mom and me! We came back from an afternoon of biking and the cutest package was waiting in our room! These sandals are the originals- all leather, SO high quality. I used to wear my PB sandals back when I was in college and in my early 20s, I missed them so much! I used to get them from Country Squire Haberdashery! If you all have been reading here for a while, you may remember the Florida-based boutique that had all of the best stuff. It was owned by Kyle Gould, who I had the pleasure of meeting while at Swifty's in Palm Beach! On Monday nights, they have a popular trivia night (which is so fun) and Kyle was there and we ran into each other! So many years of emailing back and forth and it was so cool to meet basically a decade later! He now works for Maus and Hoffman which is a beautiful, old school style store right on Worth Avenue. 

Anyway, I'm always going off on a tangent, ha!!! Brittany offered me a code to share with you all. You can use code SUMMERWIND for $50 off. It's the largest discount that they have ever done before! With the discount, that would make the Sandals that I am wearing under $100 which I think is an absolutely incredible price for a high-quality handmade, all leather, made in America shoe! If you want to know the difference between Jack Rogers and PB Sandals, they have a great page on their site that will break it down for you. 

PB sandals run true to size. They are a little stiff to start but never actually hurt my feet or give me blisters. They take just a few wears and will quickly be broken in and feel like slippers on your feet. At one point, I was buying Jack Rogers literally every summer to replace my sandals from the year prior. They literally started only lasting me a season. I remember when I had my Palm Beach Sandals, they lasted so many years. I still have the 'special' pairs from Country Squire that I wore a lot less because I didn't want to mess them up (the Nantucket red ones and the seersucker ones!!). But I wore my monogrammed ones into the ground. No, like I truly wore them every single day every summer for many years before they finally gave in!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know to size up for Jacks. Is the same true for PB?

Anonymous said...

Hi Sydney, may I please ask if this dress is true to size? It looks amazing on you...as everything you wear :)

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Hi! The dress is true to size I am wearing a small but prepare for it to be roomy! You could easily size down one size but I am find with my true size small!

Palm beach sandals run true to size. They are tight/stuff at first but once worn in they stretch quite a bit so I don’t recommend sizing up !

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure