Thursday, May 12, 2022

Lately



Hope you are all having a great week! We have had the most beautiful warm and sunny weather this week so I have been soaking up every second of that! 

It's been BUSY! All good things so no complaints here but not going to lie, I've felt a bit frazzled- I'm really trying to do it all but you know how that goes! We are headed to Ohio for literally a few hours tonight as my husband is presenting a scholarship at his high school in memoriam of his older brother who passed away from cancer when they were children. Excited for them to be able to honor his brother's memory in such a wonderful way. 

My sister is in town. She got to Pittsburgh on Saturday which is wonderful! Having her here for the two weeks leading up to her wedding is SO nice, she doesn't often stay for this long of a period of time so I am soaking it up! My mom, sister, and I had lunch at Mediterra yesterday and have lots of plans until she heads off on her honeymoon! 

I hosted Mother's Day dinner on Sunday which was lots of fun and I attended the Pittsburgh Parks conservancy annual hat luncheon which was great. I also went to my aunt's derby party/cousin's birthday party which was also lots of fun. I woke up on Monday morning and thought to myself 'I need a nap' after a jam-packed weekend, ha!

This week was a lot of back end work to prep content for the coming weeks. I really tried to prep for next week as much as I could so I could work as little as possible as my family will be in town for my Grammie's 96th birthday on Tuesday! 96!!!! That also happens to be the week leading up to my sister's wedding so I have a nail appointment, hair appointment, spray tan, you name it. My MIL is coming to town as well for my sister's wedding so I will need to prep our house for her arrival. 

Then, early Monday morning right after my sister's wedding weekend, I fly to Mackinac Island. 

SO fun! But, basically, apologies if I am slower getting back to you this month! We are not even halfway through yet and already it's been a wild ride! 

Wearing: I love this Dress so much! It looks like it is sold out in most sizes but I am hoping it comes back in stock because it is a GOOD one. It's fully lined and lightweight. 

Watching: There is a Father of the Bride 2022 remake coming out and they just released the trailer. I just have to keep thinking this is an entirely and completely separate movie from Father of the Bride 1991 just like that was a completely separate movie from the original 1950 one. The trailer looks just 'fine' to me. It looks a little cheesy... it is being made specifically for HBO streaming and I feel like it shows... the trailer almost felt like a Lifetime movie! Idk, I'm no doubt being harsh. I think Father of the Bride 1991 is one of the best movies of all time! 
Wanting: This wicker elephant head for the wall. How FUN is that?!?! I also want this rug for my office. I absolutely love it! 






Pittsburgh: So fun to attend the Pittsburgh Parks annual Hat Luncehon where they raised over $550k for the parks! It was a beautiful and well done event! 

Amazon Rec: I used to only buy designer sunglasses and now I cannot get enough of this sunglasses brand on Amazon. Most pairs are well under $20. They look so cute and I don't feel bad if I break them or lose them and can keep a pair in my bag, in the car, etc. You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!
Smelling: I am absolutely obsessed with this cedar leaf and lavender scent. I have it in both the candle and diffuser. It smells so fresh. Lavender is really the only floral scent that I love and this one is SO good. 

Traveling: Mackinac Island is my next trip and then the weekend after that we are headed to Cincinnatti, Ohio for a wedding! 

Quoting: See more of my favorites, here.

2 comments:

Amy S said...

I just watched the trailer for Father of the Bride and you're SO right! It looks so cheesy and almost like a different movie altogether. Definitely keeping to the original version! :)

Maureen said...

Such a busy bee! Definitely enjoy the family time as it always flies by. Happy advance birthday to your Grammie! I love that dress you featured. The print and style is perfection!

Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure