Thursday, July 14, 2022

Lately

Linen Pants ($40 in green)

Linen Shirt ($32 in flax)

Hope you are all having a great week! I have started gearing up for our time at the lake... that's Lake Chatuge in Georgia. For those of you that don't know, we go down every summer. 

Anyway, I am going down with Henry earlier than usual to hang out which will be fun. My husband can't come until later on in the month but I am excited to spend time by the water, soak up the sun, do some antique shopping, and spend time with family. 

Once my husband comes down, the two of us are going to head to Highlands, NC to stay at Old Edwards for our one-year wedding anniversary. I literally can't believe it's almost been an entire year since our wedding. CRAZY! But I am so excited to celebrate with him in such a special place. We love Old Edwards and Highlands! We are going to bring our wedding cake down to the lake with us, too, so we can do the traditional one-year thing with it and it's huge so we plan on sharing it with everyone else there if it's still any good. Honestly, I'm a little hesitant to eat year-old freezer cake, but I'll at least have one bite!!

So since I'll be gone for a while, I'm trying to figure out what outfits and all of that I am going to bring and get my nails done and things like that before I go. There's laundry and all of that so I'm not super concerned, but it is a long time to be away from home. I'll also just work from the lake so you can still expect content from me per usual! 

Wearing: Jcrew
is having a crazy sale up to 70% off. I posted two of my linen favorites above that are included in the sale. Use code BIGGERSALE at checkout. 

Eating: We have been getting Hungryroot delivered pretty regularly lately. It makes things so much easier when thinking about meals during the week. Just the other night we made steak, broccoli and gluten-free cheese tortellini. They have a lot of vegan/dairy-free/gluten-free things. I don't follow any of those in my diet, but I have to say, I have been so pleasantly surprised with those items as sometimes they end up being our favorite things! This link gives you $50 off your first purchase!

Drinking: I'm always looking for fun peach cocktail recipes since there are so many fresh delicious peaches in Georgia. I think this grilled peach cocktail sounds SO good. 

Sale: The Nordstrom sale opens to everyone tomorrow (Friday)! Here's my post highlighting my faves!

Watching:
 We started watching The Terminal List on Amazon Prime. We are only a few episodes in so far but we like it. It reminds me a lot of Homeland and stars Chris Pratt. It's gory, though, so be prepared! 

Loving: This kind of falls under the 'eating' category but have you all tried the cheese sauce from Chik Fil A? My husband brought it home the other day and OH MY GOSH. It's so delicious. I don't think I can ever order it again because it's that good. You have been warned!! 
Wanting: You know how people ask if you are a shoe or bag girl? I'm starting to think I am a robe girl, HA!! But seriously, I LOVE robes and I have so many. I'm seeing this new white robe and I'm like SHOOT. I want this robe! I also really want this floral tote. The print reminds me of Lee Jofa Althea Citron which is one of my favorite prints ever. 

Amazon Rec: You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Traveling: While we are in Georgia, I'm excited to go back to Clayton. We went there last spring and there is the best antique mall called Butler Galleries. I will have to take photos/share them on Instagram stories when I go because it is filled with beautiful things. 

Quoting: 'It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to, has power over you if you allow it.' // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure