Thursday, January 26, 2023

Lately


How has everyone's week been? Mine has been good. Things are starting to get busy. I've been penciling in many things on the calendar. I thought 2023 would be low-key and relaxing, and I'm still going for that, but I'm surprised to see my calendar filling up so quickly! 

While January has been slower, it still seems to fly by. Can you believe we are less than a week away from February? 

My parent's pup, Buddy, is coming to stay with us this weekend, which will be fun! We also have casual plans with friends we have not seen in a while, so I look forward to that! 

This past weekend we were in Ohio visiting with my husband's family which was lots of fun. Each time I travel with this tote (pictured above), I am reminded how much I love it. It's seriously the best travel tote ever. 
Wearing: Artemis sent me these shoes and I am loving them! Thye are so unique and incredibly comfortable. They are made from carpets and rugs, isn't that brilliant?! They have a few different styles to choose from and different rug patterns and colors. They are beautifully made! I am so impressed with this brand! 
Eating: Whole Foods brown butter chocolate chip cookies are the best cookies ever. They very conveniently put them right at the check out. They also have a vegan double chocolate cookie in the bakery section that is incredible. I don't ever buy vegan things but my sister recommended it so I got one once and was so impressed. My husband and sister say that they prefer the vegan chocolate cookie over the brown butter chocolate chip cookie but I have to disagree with that statement!

Sale: Margaux (pretty shoes) is having their archival sale with deep discounts and Printfresh (high quality pajams) is having their Warehouse sale where you can take up to 50% off! Today is the last day for the Tuckernuck sample sale

Watching:
 My husband DVR'd a show called Accused. We watched the first episode and it was OK. I didn't love it but I liked enough to want to watch the second episode to see if it's something I'll be interested in.

Loving: This gel powder highlighter is incredible. I got two colors, the raw amber to use as a bronzer and the rose quartz to use as a blush. They melt into my skin and look so flawless and glowy. I am so impressed. 
Wanting: I think these ballet flats are gorgeous and timeless. Love these affordable monogrammed toiletry bags. The J.Crew new arrivals are gorgeous. I ordered this boucle jacket

Pittsburgh: There is something called the Puttery opening soon in the Stirp District and it looks really neat. It has 3 indoor 9-hole mini golf courses and each has a different theme. Plus a bar and food and a lounge area.

Amazon Rec: I'm going skiing in February, and I just went through all my ski stuff and realized I could use a new pair of goggles, so I ended up ordering these! They are so nice for the price. Goggles can get expensive, so finding these for under $130 was a win! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!


Smelling: I got a sample of this perfume in my latest Dior beauty order and oh my goodness, it smells SO good. I'm not someone who buys a ton of perfume, I have quite a collection from over the years but I may have to buy this because wow. It's described as a 'woody floral' which makes sense because I love anything woody! Also, how pretty is the packaging my order came in? Just stunning and felt like such a treat to open!
 
Traveling: In February, we are going on a quick little ski trip with my parents, which will be lots of fun. We are going to Holiday Valley, where we grew up going on ski trips as kids! I love Holiday Valley. I think it's one of the better ski mountains within a 3.5ish hour radius of Pittsburgh because it has some longer runs. Also, Ellicottville is the cutest town! We are lucky to have 7 Springs, Hidden Valley, and Laurel Mountain, about 45ish minutes from Pittsburgh. 7 Springs is the largest and most decent, but my biggest pet peeve is how crowded 7 Springs can get. It's sometimes not even worth going because the lift lines are too long, and you can't get in much skiing. The 'secret' is to go on a random weekday to get that quick fix of skiing that I need and avoid the crowds, but if conditions aren't great, I don't think it's even worth the price of the lift ticket. Anyway, all that to say, I'm excited to head to Holiday Valley and hoping for good conditions! We purposefully booked weekdays for this trip to hopefully avoid long lift lines and get in as many runs as possible, so fingers crossed! I want to plan a big ski trip out west, maybe next winter. I love to ski, and I don't make it enough of a priority each winter! 

Then, in March, we head to Charleston for a week just for fun and to relax, which will be amazing. We love Charleston so much, and even though I have been so many times, it never gets old. We especially love it in early March when Charleston still isn't filled with tourists or spring breakers but has gorgeous weather. Some southerners still think it's chilly then, but it is a breath of fresh air (literally and figuratively) for us Pittsburghers! We basically go there to eat everything. The food is so incredible, and the fresh seafood really draws us... ahem, 167 Raw. We also like to walk around to burn off the food and drinks we consume and enjoy the weather! The shopping is wonderful, too!

Quoting: 'Be present in all things and thankful for all things.' -Maya Angelou // See more of my favorites, here.

1 comment:

Kelly C said...

I would love to do a ski trip out west! I just have zero clue on where to even begin planning one. And only about two more weeks till I'm in Charleston for our wedding! Fingers crossed for excellent weather, and I can't wait for the food scene!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure