Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Blue and White Inspiration

j.crew textured boucle lady jacket and blank nyc baxter jeans

j.crew textured boucle lady jacket and blank nyc baxter jeans

j.crew Long-sleeve button-up with ruffle cuffs and blank nyc baxter jeans
Cardigan (TTS, roomy)// Striped Button Down (runs big)
 Jeans (under $100, runs small, no stretch, size up)

I am definitely a blue and white gal when it comes to both interiors and clothing. It's not even just one particular shade of blue. I love all shades. In our bedroom, I decorated it in pale shades of blue, in my powder room, it's a bit bolder with some navy, and in our living room, I have touches of navy throughout. 

I also gravitate towards blue and white when getting dressed. It's the color that makes me happiest! I think that because I have so much blue that it just makes getting dressed a bit easier because everything works together, ha! 

Anyway, I wore this outfit this weekend and it felt so fresh to me because I hadn't been wearing a ton of blue and white lately. I feel like I'm just coming out of that holiday wardrobe period where I typically wear a lot of black, tartan, red, etc. January is such a casual month for me, I haven't worn much blue and white and so putting on this outfit just felt so crisp and a change I needed! 

I actually don't mind the winter. I would rather take the cold than super hot temperatures. I love sweaters and I think snow is wonderful (except when it is dangerous). And oddly enough, I don't mind it getting darker earlier because it helps me to go to bed early and get better rest and in turn, I become more of a morning person in the winter months! I do think the winter drags on in March but I also feel that way about August with the summer heat dragging on. 

But the thing about Pittsburgh in the winter is that it is SO gray outside... always. 

We don't get much winter sun at all. It's actually a fact. We are the 4th grayest city behind Seattle, Portland, and Buffalo (source). We get 200+ heavily cloudy days a year. 

It's a shame! So, in the winter months I find myself reaching for anything that feels cheery, bright, crisp, and full of life and the outfit above really brightened me up this past weekend!

blue and white grandmillenial fashion and home finds

I rounded up some more blue and white pieces to serve as a little cheery eye candy! I have been eyeing these Plates. I would love to have them for spring/summer table, but I'm afraid my kitchen cabinets are bursting at the seams!

1 comment:

Molly said...

I can't believe we are still the 4th gloomiest city! I remember hearing that statistic years ago and didn't believe it, because if the sun comes out for even 5 minutes, I could that as a sunny day! I guess that is just some Pittsburgh optimism!! I also gravitate toward bright colors to compensate for the dreariness of each day here in the 'Burgh.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure