Thursday, February 2, 2023

Lately



I actually feel like this week has gone slowly! This is a rare feeling for me as I always feel that weeks fly by! I have no idea why- I didn't do much out of the ordinary but it just felt like January was hanging on for dear life, ha!! 

Anyway, onto February! This month we take a little ski trip but other than that, we are staying put here in Pittsburgh. I'm trying to plan some fun things for us around the city because I feel like I didn't do a good job of exploring my own city last year since it was such a busy year! If you are a Pittsburgher and have done anything interesting/fun let me know about it! 

This week was low key and not much was going on! I had a few projects to work on so that kept me busy, went to a few Orange Theory classes but other than that, not much!

It has been SO cold here, the kind of cold that just blows right through you but I am excited to see we will get some 'warmer' days next week! 

We are doing date night one night this weekend and I'm going to do quite a bit of work creating content because it's supposed to be sunny and I want to take advantage of that!! 

 Jeans (under $100, runs small, no stretch, size up)// Leather Crossbody Bag (under $185)

Wearing: We grabbed an impromptu casual dinner on Friday night, and I wore the above outfit. I always reach for basics and then try to jazz it up a bit and that's exactly what I did here! 

Eating: This was the first time we made chili this winter season, and it is seriously one of the best things I have ever eaten! We follow this recipe! It's a little intensive, especially for a crockpot recipe, but so worth it! 

Drinking: We got together with some friends this past weekend, and one of my girlfriends gave us this Camp cocktail kit which was so thoughtful and neat! You fill the jar with a liquor of your choice and put it in the refrigerator for 3 days. There were things like lime and jalapeno, in this particular jar. Over a few days in the refrigerator, it infuses and creates a craft cocktail. You can do it twice! Each batch makes 8 drinks. We plan on serving them up in a martini glass, but I think you could also pour over ice and even add some club soda! You can also add hot water instead of alcohol for a mocktail experience! I just think this is such an adorable gift idea! 

Reading: This article from Architectural Digest features the most stunning Brooklyn home.

Sale: This gorgeous cocktail dress is under $90!! It's stunning, and what a steal! 

Watching:
 We have no shows to watch! It feels a little whacky to say that because we have SO much at our fingertips. Sometimes I think it's too much and that's why it is so hard to find the really good things! Anyway, if you have a rec, let me know! I've turned to my old sitcoms that I just watch over and over like Growing Pains, Gilmore Girls, Grey's Anatomy (honestly odd they are all starting with 'G', ha!). 

Listening: I made an 'easy listening' playlist of jazz music that has a 'Weather Channel circa 1997' vibe. It's great for whenever I need calming background noise!
Loving: As January closed this week, I was proud of myself for sticking to my workout goals and going to Orange Theory at a minimum 3x per week! I was definitely a bit out of shape when I started back up, but now, one month into the routine, I feel so much stronger, and my endurance on the tread is returning to where it used to be when I was in peak condition. I've also noticed my heart rate getting much better- taking much longer to warm up and spiking but going down quickly, which is great. I'm thinking I should be back to (hopefully) peak fitness level by the end of February! This regular routine has helped so much with my anxiety as well as just my overall happiness. I'm also getting better sleep and feel more energized. 10/10 recommend Orange Theory if you've never tried it before. I started in September 2019 and have never looked back. It really is life-changing! 
Wanting: Not too much caught my eye this week, but clearly I was loving pink! 
Amazon Rec: Love these two Amazon pieces. I got a medium in both the sweatshirt and the pakcable jacket so I would say size up if you want to layer! Nice quality for the price and something I plan on wearing to and from workout/errands! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Smelling: This candle is gigantic- it is as big as the designer candles that sell for $150++! It's only $30 and smells amazing- cozy, woody, masculine, and still light and fresh, thanks to the ginger notes. 

Quoting: 'The truth is, of course, that what one regards as interruptions are precisely one's life.' -CS Lewis // See more of my favorites, here.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Have you seen Versailles on Netflix? It is several years old but VERY well done. Worth it for the costuming alone!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure