Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Favorite White Sneakers: Tretorn Nylite, Veja Campo, and Rothy's Lace Up

My Favorite Pairs of White Sneakers for Women

This blog post is going live today because one of the top questions I get asked is, 'what are your favorite white tennis shoes?' 

I have collected quite a few pairs of white sneakers over the years. My preferences definitely ebb and flow through the years. Currently, my top 3 favorite pairs are:


You can find photos of each style and my opinions on them below...

Tretorn Nylite Canvas Sneaker ReviewTretorn Nylite Canvas Sneaker Review

Tretorn Nylite Canvas Sneaker Review

Tretorn Nylite Canvas Sneaker Review

Tretorn Nylite Canvas Sneaker Review

I consider these the most classic of the three shoes I am covering today. They are a Swedish brand, and this sneaker style has been around since the 1960s. They were also included in The Preppy Handbook. They don't go in or out of style; they're just a constant and timeless. They are canvas and have a thin rubber soles. They're well made, and I think they are the best value for the price! 

I'd consider these the sportiest of all 3 of the shoes, but they are versatile, as you can see in the outfits above. I have worn these for walking long distances for traveling and whatnot, and I think they are comfortable. Still, the sole is pretty flat without a ton of arch support and not a ton of padding, so it's not ideal, but I have never had any blisters or anything like that! 

Someone asked how I wash my sneakers, and I have to tell you, I don't. One thing about these Tretorn sneakers is that the more worn they look, the better, at least in my opinion. 

These run true to size. The same style comes in leather, but I think the true classic is the canvas! 

 
Veja Campo Women Styled

Veja Campo Women Styled

These are by far the most trendy/popular style on the list. I have a post that reviews these shoes in detail; you can find that here. The post goes over sizing and all of that, so it's worth checking out. 

I have worn these sneakers with a dress, but I prefer these with jeans/pants. They are slightly clunky/substantial compared to the other two pairs in this post. Not in a bad way; they are just a different look. They skew less timeless and more stylish and fashionable. They are very high quality. They are comfortable. I actually ended up gett these insoles for them, and they made such a difference for arch support. They fit inside the shoe as if they were made for them! Otherwise, like other shoes, I don't feel they offer much arch support. I have walked 10,000+ steps in these, and they are great, but that is with the different insoles!

Because the Vejas are a bit clunkier, they are a bit heavier and take up a bit more room in luggage, so if I bring them, I typically wear them on the flight. I also find that I wear these more in the fall/winter and the other two pairs in this post more in the spring/summer. 

Rothys lace up sneakers in bright white

Rothys lace up sneakers in bright whiteRothys lace up sneakers in bright white

Rothys lace up sneakers in bright white


These are the most streamlined-looking sneakers out of the bunch. They have a slim, almost feminine profile. I think they look the most polished out of all three when you wear them with things like a dress! I like the toe. It's rounded but in a ballet-flat way, so I do feel they flatter my legs more than any other shoe in this post! They are made of a stretchy knit material, so the shoes are very flexible. The bed of the foot feels like memory foam, so it is cushioned for comfort. I have walked a lot in these, 10s of thousands of steps, and they are always super comfortable. I never get blisters or anything like that. I will say, even though they are cushioned, they are pretty flat- I have a super high arch, so I notice when shoes don't have much arch support. Still, for walking long distances, this win. 

They are machine-washable, which is nice for travel. For example, I wore them to a golf tournament. We did a ton of walking, but the grass got all over my shoes, stuck to them, and stained them a bit. When I got home, I tossed them in the washing machine, and they looked new. 

They run true to size. 

What socks do you wear with this kind of thing?
I love these no-show socks. They are soft, comfortable, and hold up perfectly in the laundry!

If you could only choose one pair, which would you choose?
I think this is a hard question because I truly feel they serve different purposes/looks! It depends on your lifestyle and what you plan to wear them for. I travel quite a bit and walk a ton, so I'd say maybe the Rothy's, but I wouldn't want to be without my Tretorns- I pack both Tretorns and Rothy's frequently and often leave the Vejas at home. 

1 comment:

Marty B. said...

Hi Summer Wind! You've convinced me to purchase a pair of Rothy's (Blonde lace-up sneakers) My sister and I are going on a cruise with ports to Spain, Portugal, and Morocco in November of this year. So excited!! I'm sure we'll do a lot of walking on our excursions and I want my feet to be comfortable. Thank you for your reviews and good advice. :)

Marty Bontumasi

My email is monbontumasi@carolina.rr.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure