Thursday, February 9, 2023

Lately


Hope you are all having a great week! This week was good; I can't complain! We are gearing up, literally and figuratively, to go skiing, so I've been running around making sure I have everything. I love skiing, but you have to pack a lot of stuff! The weather has been so mild; I hope the conditions are decent!

I have started to go on the hunt for some cute spring things. We are headed to Charleston in early March, which will be here before I know it! 

I randomly ordered this shift dress this week! It won't ship until early April, so I figured it would be perfect timing for either Easter (April 9th) or my birthday (April 14th), and I will definitely take it with me on our Nantucket trip this summer! I missed out on it last year and was so glad to see it restocked- I LOVE the print, and the cut of the shift is as classic as they come. Thought I would share because the pre-order ends tomorrow! 
Wearing: Lake sent me these kimono-style Pajamas. I haven't tried this style until now. I have always held off because I thought the tie waist would bother me in my sleep. It turns out, it's a non-issue. It's the same fabric as the relaxed pants set. I bought that set a while ago, and it's one of my favorites- so it's not the Pima cotton, it's like a super stretchy soft fabric, more like a jersey material! I am wearing a medium in these pajamas. I would say you could get your true size instead of sizing up like I did because they are so roomy and won't shrink like the Pima cotton. I'm glad to have this style of pajamas because I have a girlfriend's bachelorette party in May, and these are the kind of pajamas you want to wear around people because they are so cute and even a bit elegant! 

Eating: I made these little treats for Henry this weekend. You could eat them yourself, too, if you wanted! It's just mashed banana, Crazy Richard's peanut butter, and glucosamine, all mixed together and topped with a blueberry. I make them bite-sized, place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper, and freeze them. You can store it in a bag in the freezer. Henry loves them, and I feel good about giving him homemade/whole foods as treats versus processed treats. If you read the article below about the oldest dog, the owner says that he always feeds his dog 'human food', and I truly believe whole, real foods are better for dogs than processed kibble. I've always given Henry things like carrots, red pepper, blueberries, bananas, etc. (fruit in smaller doses because of sugar), but he loves it all! I also think things like the carrots help a bit to keep his teeth clean! 
Drinking: My once quarterly McDonald's Diet Coke with 3 lemons. It really hits the spot!

Reading: The world's oldest dog has just been switched to a living Portuguese pup, Bobi! He's 30!!!!

Watching: We haven't watched a great show in a while. We just started New Amsterdam. We are only an episode in, but we are liking it so far. It gives me Grey's Anatomy vibes. 
Sale: This sweatshirt is one of my favorite finds. It's $32 on sale and is a 'scuba' material. It is slightly thick, and the material is incredibly soft and more structured than a typical sweatshirt. I sized up to a medium for a roomy/oversized fit. I would say it fits roomy/true to size if you get your normal size. 

Loving: This is the prettiest dress and would be perfect for a bride-to-be for a shower or rehearsal dinner!

Loving II: I just ordered this custom monogrammed glasses case. It holds two pairs of sunglasses. It's expensive for what it is and totally unnecessary, but I think it's so beautiful. 
Wanting: Have you all heard of the brand Quince? It offers quality items that look similar to the 'designer' brand for a lot less. For example, these slippers look much like the UGG brand but for less! This quilted coat looks so much like Athleta, this crewneck sweater is giving me Jenni Kayne vibes, and this dress looks like the same style of dress I have in a print from Anthropologie! I'm totally intrigued! 

Also... THIS TWEED JACKET. Isn't it gorgeous?!

Amazon Rec: I currently have a zit in the middle of my forehead. It's not often I get zits but when I do, these are my go-to products that truly work. At the very least, they heavily reduce the zit but often get rid of it entirely overnight. You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Quoting: 'If you see someone falling behind, walk beside them. If you see someone being ignored, find a way to include them. If someone has been knocked down, lift them up. Always remind people of their worth. One small act could mean the world to them.' // See more of my favorites, here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have you and your husband tried watching Jack Ryan on Amazon? It is SO good!

Shannon

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure