Monday, February 13, 2023

My Favorite Teas

My Favorite Teas

blue and white spode favorite teas

blue and white spode favorite teas

I absolutely love having a cup of hot tea. I've been a big fan of tea since high school. I would take a thermos of it to school every morning! 

I once got a Tazo tea sampler as a gift when I was around 17, and I've been a big Tazo fan ever since but have started to add more brands into my rotation. I got this Harney and Sons sampler about 6 months ago and it was fun to go through all of those! 

My husband also loves tea, so I finally got us a tea kettle for his birthday last year. I love the kettle, maybe even more than him! It's so pretty, and I loved this one in particular because of the gold accents and the smaller size. Before this, we were microwaving our mugs of water! The kettle takes a few minutes to whistle, but I love the ritual of putting the water on the stove and the whistle and the steam filling up the mug as I pour. 

I usually have tea in the early afternoon or in the evening after dinner. I particularly love the post-dinner teas! 

I want to break out and try some new tea varieties and brands. I thought I would share my top favorite teas with you all and if you could be so generous as to share some teas that you enjoy in the comments. 

I guess I should preface how I drink my tea... I drink it either plain or with a squeeze of lemon. My husband adds in honey sometimes, but I don't like sweetening my tea. I don't put any cream/milk in it either. Both with coffee and tea, I really like to just taste it as it is! 

-Tazo Organic Zen (green tea, a bit minty)
- Tazo Refresh Mint (herbal, very minty, caffeine-free, my favorite for after dinner)
- Tazo Green Ginger (green tea, hints of ginger, but pear is really strong in this one, not too sweet)
- Tazo Organic Peachy Green (green tea, love that the peach is very subtle, my favorite for summertime)
- Tazo China Greentips (plain green tea, I love this when I need a caffeine boost but don't want coffee)
- Harney and Sons English Breakfast (black tea, great with a big squeeze of lemon) 
- Harney and Sons decaffeinated Ceylon (black tea, great with a big squeeze of lemon, nice for evenings)
- Harney and Sons Assam (one of my favorites, this drinks like a cabernet, LOL, it tastes like it has nice tannins and is full-bodied)
- Harney and Sons Citron Green Tea (this is super light and tastes so good with a big squeeze of lemon)
- Damman Freres Darjeeling (the description is 'almond and peach' but it's very mellow)

I'm probably forgetting a few, but this is a good start! I guess I should also say, I don't love flavors that sound like sweet baked goods. Like 'glazed lemon loaf' or 'baked cinnamon apple.' I often find them to have a weird fake taste to them. I know Earl Grey is so popular, and this is so weird, but I think all Earl Grey teas taste like Fruitloops. I have never heard anyone else say this, but that's a no for me. I *think* it is the bergamot oil that I don't love, but not positive. Otherwise, I hope to try more teas and expand my horizon! 

This tea organizer is great if you have wide varieties. It's huge, so it really holds a lot! 

7 comments:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

In the Harney and Sons tea sampler my best friend and her husband sent us for Christmas, I fell in love with the turmeric and ginger tea - it's a bit spicy, but just tastes so soothing and kind of hearty. Plus, turmeric and ginger are so good for you!

Laura Baker Busic said...

I love this post! I go through phases where I drink a lot of tea, usually in the winter. My all-time favorite is Bigelow Plantation Mint - it has amazing mint flavor but it's a black tea so you also get a little caffeine.

Anonymous said...

There's also an amazing Turmeric and Ginger tea at TJs! Highly recommend with some lemon.

Anonymous said...

hi, if you really want to expand your teas, I would order from London's Fortnum and Mason. Queen Elizabeth herself would order tea from here. You can also order from William Sonoma but will pay a fortune for the same thing.

Sarah said...

My go-to tea company is DAVIDsTEA, which is based in MontrĂ©al. I drink their Peppermint Amour tea every day but I also love their Pumpkin Chai, S’mores Chai, Vanilla Cappuccino, and Cold 911 teas! I also indulge in tea from Harrods - their Earl Grey No. 42 is so good as is the No. 18 Georgian blend.

Katie B said...

Hi there, a major tea fan here! There’s nothing a hot cup of tea won’t solve imho. I love Twinings tea (their English breakfast or Darjeeling). I’m a fan of Yogi Teas as well, especially the peach and the ginger/orange ones. Tea Pigs make a wonderful mint tea (all their teas are great really) and T2 teas are all delicious too. I’ve also recently gotten into rooibos; it has a hint of vanilla without being sweet.
What a great post! Katie x

Annaliese said...

The Harney & Sons decaf black vanilla tea is AMAZING!! Love some of these other ones you shared too!

You and your husband should try to visit Charleston Tea Plantation next time you're down that way!! As a fellow tea lover, I loved visiting there a few years ago. I still buy their teas on Amazon sometimes!

xoxo A
www.southernbelleintraining.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure