Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Thursday Knockout Boots Review




Lug sole boots are nothing new, but they have been having a moment for a year or two. At first, I saw them as trendy and not something I would touch with a ten-foot pole. But, I started to warm up to them. In Pittsburgh, sometimes boots are really the only sensible shoe choice. We've had a mild winter this year, but for many years there has been snow on the ground for weeks at a time. Ballet flats, high heels, etc., just won't cut it. So the lug sole made sense to me from a practical standpoint. The thick sole keeps you a little higher up from the salt, snow, and slush and gives you a better grip on the ground. 

One of my most stylish girlfriends told me about this brand, Thursday. I had not heard of it before, so I browsed their website and love the styles they offered. They make classic, stylish boots, and the reviews had me sold on the brand. 

I was debating between the pair I got or this pair, which is essentially the same boot style, just with a lower heel. While I love the look of both equally, I felt that the heel added a bit more dressiness, so that is how I made my decision! 

For under $175, I think the quality is impeccable. They are so sturdy, the materials used are quality, and they are so incredibly comfortable. I got my true size, and they fit perfectly. I would 10/10 recommend them. 

Next on my wish list is the Duchess in dark olive suede

Below are some more photos of how I styled these boots. Because they felt a little trendy and out of my typical style wheelhouse, I tried on a bunch of outfits with the boots to ensure they would work within my wardrobe, and I could style them in many ways. 

Other Ways I Have Styled These Boots


No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure