Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Reformation Tagliatelle Dress

Reformation Tagliatelle Dress

Reformation Tagliatelle Dress

Reformation Tagliatelle Dress

I shared this dress in my February favorites this week and decided it deserved its own blog post because it really is that good. 

I'm packing it with me to go to Charleston next week! It's perfect because you can wear it with flat sandals and a cardigan dressed down or dress it up with heels and a bag and jewelry! 

I bought it last summer, but it sold out quickly thereafter and wasn't available for a while. I'm glad they brought it back because it's such a classic. 

Sundresses have been pretty pricey over the past few years, and while some are great quality, you can find a lot of $500 total duds. This dress is $250, and I feel its quality lives up to its price. It's beautifully made, and the fit is spot on once you get the right size. I sized up as I found it running a little small in the bust area. The straps are adjustable in the back (but that's hidden!), and the dress's length makes it elegant enough to wear to a cocktail party (on the more casual side since it is linen). I would just LOVE if they made this dress in a dressier fabric (maybe a slightly fuller skirt)... it would be the best black cocktail dress ever!

Currently, it comes in black, white, and two floral prints (one being a hydrangea print that is just stunning), and I may have to get that for our trip to Nantucket this summer. 

I don't wear a lot of black in the summer; I like to think of navy as my dark color for the summer and black as my dark color for the colder months. However, I think this dress in black makes it a touch dressier than the other colors and prints.

I've been looking at some other Reformation dresses like this little black dress that couldn't be more classic - think Audrey Hepburn or Elizabeth James (from the Parent Trap). Pair it with a strand of pearls and a slingback pump and that's about as timeless as it comes! I'm picturing this gorgeous white dress on a bride for a rehearsal dinner in the Caribbean. And this little blue shift, worn weekly running around town during the summer. I wish I had a black tie affair for this gown; beyond stunning!

Speaking of linen dresses, I've also been eyeing this dress and this dress from a brand I have not shopped before! Have any of you shopped the brand Posse?!

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure