Thursday, April 13, 2023

Lately

Sweet new Lake Pajamas from the Lake team! 

Easter Treat Hunt for Henry

We are almost to the weekend! I hope you have all been enjoying your week so far. I didn't have too much going on this week and I was glad about that because I was able to take time to enjoy being outside!!! It has been in the upper 60s and mid-70s all week with SUN! It felt so good to be outside and soak up the sun and enjoy long walks with Henry. I'm especially enjoying this weather because I am not a summer fan. I don't like the heat at all but these cooler mornings and evenings that require a sweatshirt and then warmer afternoons are exactly what I love. 

Tomorrow is my birthday so it will be fun to go out for a nice dinner. It will be nice outside so we will definitely go somewhere for drinks before dinner with outdoor space so we can take full advantage of the weather. I'm a little bummed because I preordered a dress on February 8th as a birthday gift to myself because it would be shipped out the week of April 3rd and I thought it was perfect timing to wear it for my birthday dinner. I have been waiting so patiently but it still has not arrived and won't arrive now until the end of the month! Champagne problems, of course, I know! 

Saturday is also supposed to be beautiful so I think we are going to do a morning coffee/bakery run and do some planting and maybe go to the driving range. 

Did you all have a nice Easter weekend? We did! We had the best giant fish sandwiches on Friday night for the last Lent fish fry and then Saturday we went over to a friend's house for the Masters even though it ended up being rained out! Sunday we went to my parents for Easter with extended family and friends.

I mentioned that I gave up sweets for Lent this year. I typically don't give up anything but thought I would give it a try. Giving this up was less of a religious decision and more of a 'I just want to try and see what happens' thing but I used the Lenten timeframe. I read articles of people giving up sweets and many said they felt better or lost a few pounds or their skin looked better or they slept better and honestly, I noticed no difference whatsoever. I love sweets and I thought it would be a real challenge. It really wasn't difficult. I was hoping for some positive difference in giving up sweets but there really wasn't one! So I will not be doing that again, HA!

My parents are off to Greece soon for a few weeks. I am SO jealous and we will be watching Buddy, their sweet pup and so I will definitely have my hands full. Buddy is just about to turn 3 and he is full of energy. I love dogs and sometimes I think I want several dogs, but I find two dogs significantly harder to manage than one! 
Wearing: I have a handful of navy blazers I've collected over the years. It's such a classic. I think this might be one of my most favorite navy blazers ever. The fit is so perfect. It's fitted but it's not uncomfortable or restricting like some blazers can be. It runs true to size. I love it worn with jeans but think I am going to try and style it with linen pants, too! Right now it's 26% off through 4/17! 

Eating: I love stuffed peppers so this article with a bunch of different stuffed pepper recipes was right up my alley!
Eating II: A family friend brought these artichokes to Easter dinner and they were SO good. You could dip them in honey whipped feta and that was also a WOW! It is a half baked harvest recipe. I am definitely going to try and make these myself. 

Eating II: We made a pesto pizza in the ooni for the first time and it was SO good. The Gotham Greens pesto from Whole Foods is the best!

Drinking: I am not a big rosé gal. Somenoe suggested I try rosé made with pinot noir grapes for a bolder flavor and sure enough, I enjoyed it. I still don't love it but it was enjoyable at the least!

Watching: I started the new season of Love Is Blind on Netflix and I have no words, haha. It is such an odd show and yet I can't look away! 
Shop the Collection:
Loving: Excited about the Agua Bendita collection for Target that launches this Sunday. The designer collaborations always sell out so quickly but I am hoping to at least snag one swimsuit! They are so cute!!
 
Loving II: I love the Terracotta look and these planters are only $5 a piece! I got a few of both sizes and am really pleased with them. 

Wanting: These navy cane sandals are darling! 

Amazon Rec: I just restocked my favorite inexpensive body moisturizer that I use daily. It does not have a scent and it is thick and hydrating but sinks in quickly so you don't have to wait to put on clothes! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Smelling: My very favorite spring/summer candle is on sale!

Quoting: 'What is to give light must endure burning.'- Viktor Frankl // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure