Thursday, April 27, 2023

Lately

This week went by so quickly, I am shocked we are already to Thursday and on top of that, just days away from May. I have barely any photos to share from this week! 

This was a pretty 'regular' week. We did have a fun little night out on Tuesday. Eddie Merlot's, which is a steakhouse in downtown Pittsburgh, invited us to their wine dinner which was lovely. The food was amazing and I liked the wine, it wasn't my favorite ever but it was good! When I lived downtown, I used to go to Eddie Merlots a lot. They have the best happy hour and they have a coffee called Eddie Merlot's Coffee which is the most delicious drink ever! 

We are still watching my parent's pup, Buddy. They got him as a surrendered dog when he was 1 year old. He is the most loving and sweet dog you will ever meet but when he was just 1, he was wild with energy. He just turned 3 and he's settled down quite a bit. He is still so energetic, though, so it keeps me on my toes. He's also absolutely obsessed with my husband which is hilarious. When he comes home from work, Buddy goes absolutely wild! I'm like 'what am I chopped liver?!' Honestly, caring for two dogs vs one is a lot more work and feels so much more hectic! I have never really considered getting another dog, Henry is perfect for us, but I didn't think a jump from 1 dog to 2 would be such a big difference in effort. 

Tonight I am headed out to dinner with some girlfriends at a really good dim sum spot in the city! It is supposed to rain all weekend which is a bit of a bummer so our weekend plans are kind of up in the air at the moment! 
Wearing: It's been chilly here lately so I've been trying to find ways to wear spring things but still keep warm! This Sweate is such a classic! I'm wearing a size small. It runs very roomy. It kind of fits like if you were to borrow a boyfriend's sweatshirt. I like that easy, roomy fit, but I think if you want something a little more form fitting, size down 2 sizes. 

Eating: Another Halfbaked Harvest recipe on my list to make. Salmon bowls. YUM!

Drinking:
Reading: I just pre-ordered Social Engagement by Avery Carpenter Forrey which is due to come out Memorial Day Weekend so it's the perfect time to snag it for any MDW travels or laying by the pool! I cannot wait to read it. The book is about a Rhode Island wedding that goes awry. The main character is named Callie which is very neat because that is my sister's name! The book is told through a social media lens which you all know, is right up my alley! Avery is a coworker and friend of one of my best girlfriends from high school and I wish her so much success!! When it comes to book sales, preordering a book is amazing for the author in terms of making it on the best-seller list so I definitely think you should all order it now!!!! 

Watching: We started The Diplomat, which is a new series on Netflix. So far I like it. I'm not like racing to binge it but I do like it! I also started The Last Thing He Told me which is based off of a book (I haven't read the book). It's on Apple+ and I really like it. New episodes are released every Friday. I'm all caught up and am excited for a new episode tomorrow!
Loving: I talk about this Candle so much but it's probably my favorite candle ever. I just burned down my latest one and cleaned it out and put some skincare products in it to sit on my counter! You can repurpose the jars in many ways or even reuse it as a candle by adding in a votive candle. 
Wanting: There is not too much on my radar this week! I think we will start to see lots of newness next week since it's a new month! 
Amazon Rec: I love this Tee. It is the perfect amount of cropped so that you're not showing your stomach but you don't have to tuck it in! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Quoting: 'Always pray to have eyes that see the best in people, a heart that forgives the worst, a mind that forgets the bad, and a soul that ever loses faith in God.' // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure