Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Skincare for Desk Days




I bet the amount of time I spend at my desk would surprise you considering another large part of my job is creating content- shooting, trying things on, etc. But I'd say 60% of my job is a desk job. Whether I am sourcing things from my favorite retailers, working on graphics, writing a blog post or social media copy, working on my editorial calendar, emails, emails, and more emails, editing photos, posting content, learning about the industry, the list goes on. 

I usually do a noon Orange Theory class on my desk days to break up the day and then after that, I do these simple but effective skincare steps! I don't typically see people on desk days so it's not about looking my best. The 4 products that I swear by are... 

Crest Whitestrips// These have been my go-to for over 10 years now. I've done a whole series of them once or twice but I mostly keep them on hand and do 'touch-ups' here and there when I feel I need to. They really do work.  I don't find them to hurt my teeth but I know that's a common ask whenever I share these. My husband finds them to bother his teeth so he uses the sensitive version and says they are great! 

Lip Replenisher// I was not immediately sold on this lip replenisher, which is basically just a very thick lip balm. The texture is really tacky/goopy which is what was hard to get used to. It's the kind of texture where your hair will stick to your lips. But, I will say, it's worth it. The formula really does plump my lips and is really hydrating. I put it on at night and see a difference in the morning. 

Rich Cream// This is such a good, inexpensive moisturizer. I think if you are already using fancy serums, you could use this exclusively as your night cream. It's thick and so incredibly hydrating. I personally love to slather it on as a thick layer and wear it as a mask while sitting at my desk. It makes my face so nice and plump with moisture. I would highly recommend this, especially if you have sensitive skin!

Brow Growth Serum// I love this brow serum. I usually put it on at nighttime but do an extra application for desk days. This helps my brows to grow and I also put it on my lashes to get them to grow. It truly works. It takes about 4 weeks minimum to start to really see a big difference but it's worth the wait. This is a clean product so it does not contain prostaglandins. I always like to mention that because I am always. looking for growth serums that are prostaglandin-free! 

I love applying all of these products during my desk work days because it feels like I am multi-tasking and checking more things off of my to-do list. It's like my own little 'spa' time! 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure