Thursday, May 11, 2023

Lately

a snap from a project I worked on this week

Wow, how is it May 11th already? We are nearing mid-May! WHAT?! I say this every week, but time is going so quickly. This article explains why time might seem to pass quicker as we age. It makes sense!

Last night, I went out to dinner with some family friends, which was fun! The weather has been great this week, which is another thing I am thankful for! Today we are headed to my husband's high school as he is presenting a scholarship to a well-deserving student in honor of his brother, who passed away from cancer when they were children. It is a special evening, for sure! 

This weekend, we have some family in town. I am hosting for Mother's Day, which will be nice. My grammie turns 97 on Wednesday, May 17th, so we are celebrating! 97! Incredible. 

Mid-week next week, I am headed to visit my sister in North Carolina, and then we are headed on a bachelorette trip which will be lots of fun. One of my best friends is getting married in September, and I am a bridesmaid. I can't wait! 

It has been a busy week and will be busy for me until the end of May. I am looking forward to Memorial Day weekend to hopefully just relax and have time to read some good books! 

White Tee (pants are last year sold out)
Wearing: I noticed that this white tee is back in stock. It's $10, 100% organic cotton, and has a million different color options. I sized up to a medium because it is all cotton and shrunk in the dryer, but it's still roomy. I just ordered a size small to have two different fit options. It says that it is cropped, but it's not midriff bearing by any means. It's the perfect length to do a half tuck with pants/shorts, etc. It's a lot lighter weight than the Uniqlo tee I share frequently. I prefer this weight of fabric for really hot days! 

Eating: I think Whole Foods makes the best sourdough bread out of all the grocery store bakeries. It is SO good, and I don't understand why it's so much better than other grocers, but I go out of my way just to get it. Sourdough is my favorite kind of bread, and this is just so good!


Watching: We just started this new show on Apple+ called Silo. It's a dystopian-style series, and the first few episodes were recently released, and they are really good. Now, new episodes are being released every Friday. I am excited to see the next episode! I'm also still watching The Last Thing He Told Me, another Apple+ series that releases episodes every Friday and I still like that! I would recommend both so far!
Loving: The new swimwear collaboration between Hermoza and Julia Berolzheimer is beautiful! 
Wanting: These espadrilles are adorable and under $40! 
Pittsburgh: I went to the 25th annual Pittsburgh Parks hat luncheon this weekend, which was lovely! So nice to have beautiful weather. $600k was raised for the parks and the turnout was fabulous! 

Amazon Rec: I love Poppi drinks. I usually get them from Amazon because you can save a few $$$ compared to retailers like Target. Right now, I'm very into the Orange flavor. It's subtle and slightly sweet. It's such a good afternoon beverage! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Traveling: One real downer of this week is that we have a trip to Nantucket planned in just a few weeks. I booked it over a year in advance, in April 2022 for June 2023, to ensure I could get a great house in our preferred location. We have gone many times in June, and I love that it is before it gets crowded, and it falls around my husband's birthday. Nantucket is his favorite place, so he loves celebrating there (I mean, so do I, ha!). Things book up so quickly on Nantucket, and we wanted to go last year, but by the time I got around to looking for a house, it was a little too late. All left available were homes far too big for what we needed, not to mention very expensive and with a minimum week-long stay.

Well, I booked it through VRBO, which is usually great, but I got a message from the house owner yesterday saying they are having plumbing issues. He hopes to have it resolved by June 1st, but he wants to cancel our reservation (which is for a full week later) because he can't guarantee it will be done in time!! With VRBO, in the terms and conditions, the owner can cancel your reservation anytime for any reason- even the day before your stay. I think/hope this is a rare situation, but just something to keep in mind for all of you who book through VRBO.

I am still working on the situation, so I am not really sure what the outcome will be, but I am so bummed right now! I am considering other options, but everything is slim pickings because we are so close to our trip date. My husband took off of work, I scheduled Henry for boarding, our flights were booked, etc. etc. My parents are supposed to be coming, too! Champagne problems, I know, but what a bummer nonetheless. I am not losing all hope just yet, though! 

Quoting: 'To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow'- Audrey Hepburn// See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure